Acer 720 blue light and fan are on but screen stays black

funinmylife
funinmylife Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I appreciate any help that can be provided.  I have tried removing the batter on my daughter's 720 and reinserting but this issue persists.  I can hear the fan and the blue light stays on but the screen stays black.  I have tried holding down power for 30 seconds and also esc, refresh, and power.

Thank you

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Well when the scrween doesn't work at all (even in the text mode that recovery gives you) then it's most often a problem with the cable bwteeen the motherboard and screen, next most often it's a screen failure (which typically requires a phyisical issue like cracked screen) and once in a while it's the motherboard. Probably time to contact Acer support to see about a repair.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey

Any chance you dislodged a cable while removing the battery?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • funinmylife

Maybe, but I don't think so.  It is doing the same thing it was before I tried the battery.

• billsey
    Answer ✓

Well when the scrween doesn't work at all (even in the text mode that recovery gives you) then it's most often a problem with the cable bwteeen the motherboard and screen, next most often it's a screen failure (which typically requires a phyisical issue like cracked screen) and once in a while it's the motherboard. Probably time to contact Acer support to see about a repair.

• funinmylife

Thank you for the info.