RAM and SSD for my new Acer Aspire R7 752-5893

Options
sdrum
sdrum Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Any suggestions for RAM  memory type and SSD for my new Acer Aspire R7 752-5893? Tx in advance.

Best Answer

• PenguinJim
    PenguinJim Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

You will need RAM in the 204-pin SO-DIMM format for your laptop. DDR3-1600 (also known as PC3-12800) should work a treat.

Your SSD should have a MSATA interface, so depending on what is in there at the moment, you could put in a Plextor M6M disk.

There are some hidden screws on the R7 chassis - you can take a look here and see how to open it, and then you'll know what drives and RAM slots you have available.

Answers

• PenguinJim
    PenguinJim Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

You will need RAM in the 204-pin SO-DIMM format for your laptop. DDR3-1600 (also known as PC3-12800) should work a treat.

Your SSD should have a MSATA interface, so depending on what is in there at the moment, you could put in a Plextor M6M disk.

There are some hidden screws on the R7 chassis - you can take a look here and see how to open it, and then you'll know what drives and RAM slots you have available.

• sdrum
    sdrum Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you, Jim

It's quite commendable your concern for others in the Acer community and for replying so quickly and accurately. It's my first Acer as I still have two Lenovos (x200t and x220t) which I use connected to a 19 in tablet/monitor. I was attracted to Acer R7's large screen as it will enable me to  work outside my studio, even if it just means in my livingroom.  I am a professional illustrator and rely heavily on these machines. Anyway, thank you for your input. I wondered whether the Plextor M6M was recommended considering that the M5M is harder to find and your answer was right on.

Wish you the very best,

SDrum