Switch 12: Missing drivers?

hkh-m43
hkh-m43 Member Posts: 30 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Please see the screenshot below with other devices outlined in red.

Does anyone know what these multfunction devices are and why Windows can't find drivers?

Also, my keyboard is playing up again, still no idea how to solve it!!

device manager.jpg

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Do you have any peripherals plugged in? They could also be network printers I think... Bring up properties on one and look at Hardware IDs under the Advanced tab to get a better handle on what they are.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hkh-m43

Both devices location is on Arista WDDM 3D Bus

1. Hardware Ids: MF\CC0C0320

2. Hardware Ids: MF\v3DDKAdapterKmode

Appreciate your help!

• billsey

If you have the Intel bluetooth/wifi chipset then the bluetooth driver should do it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hkh-m43

I have the Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 wifi card [which is not stable at longer distances btw].

• AddyKch
    AddyKch Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Switch 11 (model: SW5-171P-84RW). I am having problem with the Wifi after I upgraded to Windows 10. The Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Network Adapter kept disappearing from the the Device Manager list. 

I have tried:

1. Resetting the computer. It temporarily fixed the problem at the first reboot after reset. However, the network adapter will disappear after you shutdown.

2. Updating the driver for Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Network adapter as suggested by some users.(I also downloaded the driver from the Qualcomm site). It also provide temporarily remedy at times. Other times, it does not work.

I have tried the above many times - and spent many hours on it. 

Can Acer PLEASE give a permanent solution  to this problem? It is SUPER annoying.

• strahan
    strahan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Windows 10 obliterated the Wi-Fi settings on Acer Veriton M2631 and no longer shows any driver or settings related to Wi-Fi. I have spent hours and had two computer competent friends try to. The only reason I updated was to be able to network (with my Router) to my Acer Nitro-5 computer which came as Windows 10.
  • FrancysMom
    FrancysMom Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a Nitro 5 with Windows 10 and it will not recognize my wifi printer. First it indicated that there are no drivers and that the print spool is not running. I fixed the spool (?) so it is showing as running;however, it will not accept/recognize any drivers. I have spoken with both Microsoft and HP but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you.
  • billsey
    @FrancysMom you should start a new thread for your question. You have a different model than the one that this thread covers and a different symptom. :) Give us the full model number and the steps you have taken so far. Especially note the network settings on the printer, they should be on the status page you can print.