Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire 1640Z laptop. Which memory card to use.

cp928cp928 Posts: 16Member

I have an Acer Aspire 1640Z laptop.  Exploring it and the manual I find that there is a slot on the right hand side of the laptop for a 'Type II PC Card.'

Is a Type II PC Card the same as as memory flash card ?  I understand there a 3 types of card, and that the Type III will not fit a Type II slot, as they are a different thickness to type II.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best Answer

• -Justin-Justin Posts: 2,362 Seasoned Practitioner
    Accepted Answer

cp928,

PC card type II is the slot type and a type II CardBus PC Card is the actual card.

FAQ & Answers

• -Justin-Justin Posts: 2,362Member Seasoned Practitioner

cp928,

No, that slot is for a Type II CardBus PC Card.

• cp928cp928 Posts: 16Member
    What is the difference between a pc card type II, and a type II CardBus PC Card ? Perhaps I do not need to go down the pc card route - I am using the USB memory sticks, and dvd/ rwr disks without any problems. It is just a case of being curious (due to my age and getting used to laptops, Windows XP and Vista) always exploring things.
  • -Justin-Justin Posts: 2,362Member Seasoned Practitioner
    Accepted Answer

cp928,

PC card type II is the slot type and a type II CardBus PC Card is the actual card.