Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer aspire zs600 recovery error; "restore failed - can not find image path"

prolinkprolink Posts: 2Member

Recently the hard drive in my Acer Aspire ZS600 failed.

I purchased a new hard drive and the recovery media disks from Acer's website.

However after installing the new drive and running the recovery disks, the third and final disk ejects with the error message "Restore Failed - Can not fine image path: M:\RecoveryImage\install.wim"

I have searched these forums as well as the farthest reaches my googling skills will allow and I have not found a solution that works. I am fairly certain it is not an issue with my hard drive, optical disk drive or the recovery media itself.

Any insight on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,018ACE Trailblazer

i presume that your new HDD was completly clean, you didn't format or create partition prior to use the Acer erecovery medias.

in a past thread there was a similar issue and Acer-Justin found the solution, i sent him a PM. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • prolinkprolink Posts: 2Member

The first time I tried it, it was not completely clean. However I did try wiping it, and I have experienced the same issue.

I used partition wizard's wipe tool. Is there another tool I should have used instead?

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,018ACE Trailblazer

nope, partition wizard is good.

I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.