Acer Aspire V3-731 windows 10 upgrade, Driver Compatability?

Lesta786
Lesta786 Member Posts: 4 New User

With the windows ten download date just a few days away i have a question regaurding driver compatability. Not system requirements, so please, dont send me the microsoft compatability thing. I already know that my hardware can run it. what i would like to know, if anyone has the answer, is will my drivers be compatable? i do not want to upgrade if my drivers for my Hardware will not run properly as i have had this happen going back and forth between windows 7 and 8 on different laptops. Again i would like to know system DRIVER compatability not system HARDWARE requirement compatability. Thank you in advaced.

Edit: There are no windows 10 drivers for this model in the download drivers support section of Acer's website, honestly havent checked to see if other models had any windows 10 drivers.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

At the moment none of the Acer models has the windows 10 drivers support page active, probably it will be ready the 29th july.

i wouldn't aware too much about drivers compatibility windows 10 is more or less like windows 8.x; no big changes like xp to 7 or 7 to 8.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, you are advised to check drivers compatibility through "Get Windows 10 App". To do this, follow the steps below:
    1. Update your Windows thoroughly and check if you get a notification saying "Get Windows 10 App".
    2. Click on the notification to launch the app.
    3. On the app screen, click on menu (the three lines placed on the top-left corner of the screen).
    4. Click "Check your PC" under "Getting the upgrade".
    5. This should scan your PC and notify you on which drivers are compatible and which need to be updated.

If the above steps don't resolve your issue, you are advised to contact Acer support through the link below for further assistance:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Hope this will help you.

• Lesta786

Guru, ok cool, i guess i assumed it didnt tell you about the drivers because generally compatablility checkers in my experience have allways gone after hardware alone. So thank you, i didnt know it went after drivers as well.

• Lesta786

IRONFLY, Thats a good point, i hadnt thought about the similarities between 8 and 10 or the fact that they were probably just doing like they did with vista and 7 and just fixing what the community hated. Thanks for the response. Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.