Product Availability

llamabob
llamabob Member Posts: 3 New User

My g/f purchased an Acer Aspire V3-572G-543S a few months ago. It's out of stock everywhere it seems. It was just released this year. Was it discontinued or is this laptop experiencing supply issues?

Thanks

Answers

• llamabob

If you look closely, those are third party sellers selling through Amazon and Newegg at a 25-30% mark up. I'm not interested in that.

When my g/f bought hers 2 months ago from Amazon, both Amazon and Newegg were selling it directly and much cheaper, and not through third party sellers.

I'm now interested in the same model and would like to know if it has been discontinued or if major vendors are waiting for more stock.

Thanks

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Ok, I see what you're saying. I suspect Acer will be gearing up production of the same (or very similar) laptop with windows 10 very soon. Supposedly windows 10 RTM is going to be released to manufacturers later this week.

Amazon /newegg is probably waiting for windows 10 before they make any large PC orders.

Amazon, Newegg, and Acer know a lot more about marketing and selling computers to mainstream consumers than I do.....so everything I said is just my guess.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • llamabob

Ah, that would make sense though!

Thank you.