how to reset to factory default for acer vn7-791g if dont installed acer erecovey softwRE

bboyalien
bboyalien Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Mehdi
    Mehdi Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi bboyalien,

Method 1:

To reste your Acer VN7-791G, first you need to double check if you have already the Acer Recovery Management or not, sometimes it's already instaled in your pc however it's hidden somewhere but you can find it if you follow the Steps in the below images :

Step 1: in Search option type; Acer Recovery Management and after it appears click on it.

Step 1.png

Step 2: in the window of Acer Recovery Management, you click on Restore Factory Settings.

Step 2.png

Step 3: Acer Recovery Management will ask you if you would like to Reset your pc, you click Next.

Step 3.png

Step 4: Acer Recovery Management will ask you which type of Reste would you like to make, you click on Fully clean the drive, in order to remove all junk files, viruses..etc from your laptop and make it restored to Factoy Settings however once you click the operation will start and you cannot cancel it, better for you to save all your important files in an external HHD before you start the reset.

Step 4.png

Method 2:

While you Acer laptop still on click on : Ctrl + Alt + Del  >  it will direct you to the following window:

Step 1: Click on the power button.

Step 1+.png

Step 2: Press the shift button and keep holding it and in the same time click on restart option without releasing your finger from the Shift button, you keep holding and wating until it appear for you the Troubleshoot window.

Step 2+.png

Step 3: Now you stop pressing the shift key and you click on Reset your PC.

Step 2+.png

Step 4: Now you click next and you will be directed to the same step of choosing which method of reset you want:

Step 3+.png

Now either you press the button of "Just remove my files" like that you will remove your personal files only and the settings will remain the same in your system or you want to choosr "Fully clean my drive" (recommended) option which will enable you to reset you laptop to factory using and make you get your laptop as brand you one.

I hope my methodes was useful for you, in case it doesn't work please do let me know so I can help you with diffrent option.

Best regards,

Mehdi

• El_Sifon
    El_Sifon Member Posts: 1 New User

Neither of these methods worked for me.  The second method simply restarts the computer.  When I choose to reset the computer on the first method I get a error method the the hard drive is not properly configured.  I don't have the hard drive recovery partion and I think that's why.  I did back up the recovery thumb drive but when I try to reset the computer It just restarts and boots back to the recovery main menu.  Can I recreate the original recovery partition using the thumb drive?

• Mehdi
    Mehdi Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi El_Sifon,

Normally even if you don't have the recovery partition the troubleshooting should work for as it's part of windows, however, I'll try to find for you a way to fix it, currently im using Windows 10, but don't worry most of the configuration will be the same. 

• Fore
    Fore Member Posts: 3 New User
    Boy alien could you do something?
    Can you fix it?
    Regards