Acer Apsire V Nitro VN7-591G suddenly stops charging when playing games

forsling
forsling Member Posts: 4 New User

I have the Acer Apsire V Nitro VN7-591G with i7 4710HQ and GTX 860M.

When I play a game for 30-45 minutes the computer acts like the ac adaptor is unplugged. The diode that indicates charging suddenly stops emitting light and gameplay is choppy. To get it working again I have to unplug the power cord from the adaptor and from the computer and then plug it back. It never happens when I use the computer for light tasks.

It’s been like this since I bought it but I didn’t want to send it in for service. Any ideas?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

I think you have an AC adapter or a battery issue.

Your AC adapter is it hot when you're playing a game?

I would check the different temperatures with HWMonitor.

France
  • forsling

Thanks for your reply! I wouldn’t say the AC adapter is hot while playing games but I gets warm.

I changed the setting for Max Processor state to 99% in the power plan. It did the trick, so I guess its heat problems. Before I changed the setting I was reaching 99 C on CPU while playing a game. Now it’s around 87-89 C.

Is this just how it is with this computer or should I send it in for service?

• laurent_14

Hello,

The maximum temperature of this processor is 100°C.

What is the room temperature?

What is the temperature of the processor in normal use (office, browser etc)?

France
  • forsling

The room temperature is around 25°C. The temperature of the CPU in normal use is 47-50°C.

• laurent_14

Hello,

I would install or reinstall the last Intel chipset driver:

ChipsetIntelChipset Driver10.0.223.9 MB2015/02/10Download
    France
  • forsling

I've installed the last Intel Chipset driver, but the problem remain. Smiley Sad