Aspire V5 Laptop won't start and I can't fix without being an administrator

Options
SixSigmaGuy
SixSigmaGuy Member Posts: 3 New User

I did a system restore from a recent restore point.  After rebooting, my laptop started normally, but then a message came up saying "Preparing Automatic Repair."  After a few moments it said "Diagnosing your PC".  Then a blue screen came up saying "Automatic Repair."  There were two options, "Restart" and "Advanced Options".  Restart didn't work (I tried several times), so eventually I tried the Advanced Options.

From Advanced Options, I went to "Troubleshoot," and then a different "Advanced options".  From the Advanced Options screen, there were several choices that looked promissing; but almost all of them say I need to be an administrator and won't let me continue.  To start with, I am an Administrator on my machine, but it says it can't find any Administrator accounts. 

How can I get past this?  My computer is useless and my only options seem to be refresh or reset.  Why do I have to be an administrator to save my computer?  Please someone tell me there's a way to do a "System Restore," bring up the "Command Prompt," or do "Startup Repair" without being an administrator.  Those are the three options that require me being an Administrator. 

I've never had a System Restore fail before and can't believe it did. :-(

Answers

• SixSigmaGuy
    Options

Additional info.  Trying to restart in safe mode, or any other of the options on the restart menu, just take me back to the "Preparing Automatic Repair" sequence.  I also found out that I can't even do a refresh without being an administrator.  I'm really hosed.  I do have everything backed up, but I'm hoping there will be a simpler solution.

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi SixSigmaGuy,

If you were able to do a system restore it should let you do a refresh or reset and "yes" it looks like that will be your only 2 options and at this point if you have everything back up i will go ahead and do a reset to factory default. 

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• SixSigmaGuy
    Options

Thanks for the response.  That's my last resort; It would take me weeks to get all my applications reinstalled.  Heck, it will take me a whole week just to remember what applications I have and all the settings-.  :-(