VN7-791G 3rd time in for repair in 5 months

Options
jellyfiss
jellyfiss Member Posts: 14 New User

i bought my laptop from pc world VN7-791G in february and i had it 2 weeks and it had distorted audio and as i bought it from pc world business , i could not have a replacement or my money back .. I had to agree to have it repaired , this was around the 3rd week in february , i got it back 2 weeks later and 26th june it developed a keyboard fault so i took it back and pc knowhow said they had changed the board and had to re activate my licence key in windows 8 . i got a phone call today 7th july around 4pm saying i could pick it up ( in the meantime i asked a question on here about whether my image would still work re 32gb image recovery as it had a new mobo ) My wife came home an hour ago 7pm and we collected it and i bought it home and plugged in power lead and pressed the on button and nothing ( pc knowhow said they had checked it in the accompanying letter ) So now it is back in pcworld for a 3rd time at 7.50pm . I feel well conned and there is nothing i can do about it , i will never recommend acer in future . So much for CONsumer rights

Answers

• jellyfiss
    Options

Well i just looked at the KNOWHOW site , where i am tracking the repair , and the replacement part is out of stock , so more waiting . I think due to all my problems i have had that i should of had a replacement . £900 quid is a lot of money to pay for something to be repaired 3 times in 5 months and it will always be in my mind when i get it back , thinking how long till it goes wrong again . Acer offered to take it in a repair but i declined because its been nearly 3 weeks now including the 1 hour or less i had it in my possession to find out it wouldnt power up .. I feel whoever fixes it , wont stop me worrying about when it will go wrong again . how would these people who run the show at knowhow and acer feel if it happened to them

• jellyfiss
    Options

found out it has been fitted with yet another board , same as last time 2 weeks ago a board and they told me it is fixed and tested ok yesterday and i have to just sit n wait till friday (3 days from yesterday) for them to send it to pcworld for me to pickup .......... after all the trouble i've had , i still have a 3 day wait .... a snail could get here faster