Acer Aspire E 15 - Windows 8.1 Black Screen of Death w/ Visible Cursor in some areas BEFORE LOGON

Options
shadejamesdoyle
shadejamesdoyle Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi,

Earlier this evening my Acer Aspire E 15 restarted (manually) and then booted up past the Acer Logo and I thought nothing about it as my patience for computers and their loading is not low, i've learnt patience is a virtue when it comes to these technological things even at my young age. But it booted as I said, and just did not load the login screen. And unfortunately being said I have a picture password which may be the culprit, but also it shows the Connections button (Three lines in the left hand corner that allows you to connect to a internet connection and such, you know next to the Ease of Access Menu) it shows that and that's it, and the cursor moves around and just flashes slightly here and there more or less most of the time, it's strange though.

I can't login and it's been say fourty five minutes I've left it there, I probably made it worse that I had hard restarted it a few times to see if it would work, I do not know how to boot it into safe mode though otherwise I feel as if it would've been fixed by now but to no avail.

I do not really know what to do right now and not to demise my own salvation by speaking on my god awful mistake at Christmas time but I will give a short backstory on my situation with this for now.

I'm fifteen years old, fourteen when I got my laptop - for age reference, but I got my Acer Aspire for Christmas. And well, in this being the first time I've ever actrually owned anything I threw the box away and since then anything I kept has just dissapeared, I actually realized in February I lost the product keys as I didn't think in this modern world I'd need it. But to my downfall I had thrown the box away and other things, so I am screwed in that area. Also, another unfortuinate mistake was the feeling of not needing the Acer Pre-Installed applications, which I deleted thinking it wouldn't mean anything. I didn't really have an effect but I've always felt as if it was a mistake.

I'm highly lost and do not know what to do now, and for reference walking down to the computer store is more of a hike, I live in New Zealand and god knows where a computer store is. I'm posting in help here at a desperate moment and I actually never find myself doing this as sometimes luck just kicks in.

Please, I'd like to ask for any information that may help me.

Relevant Information for People who don't want to read:

Unable to Reach the Login Screen for Windows 8.1

Running Windows 8.1 Build 9600

Unable to Boot into Safe Mode

Cursor flickers in the corner

- ALSO, In all my Google Searching I need to stress - I CANNOT REACH THE LOGIN SCREEN OF WINDOWS 8.1 IT'S NOT AFTER, or AFTER UPGRADE OR ANYTHING LIKE THIS, 6 MONTHS OF USE AND NOW THE BLACK SCREEN HITS AS I BOOT UP AND I CANNOT SEE THE LOGIN SCREEN.

Please, don't mistake this for any other problems, this problem in my Page 1 Google Searching was a rarity.

Thank You so much for your time!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you press ALT+F10 at boot, are you able to see the windows recovery screen?

if so, can you enter the troubleshot/advanced options menu and select startup settings, click on Restart and choose Enable safe mode.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Shazzieb1
    Shazzieb1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

OK I have the same problem as ShadeJames. I tried ALT+F10 but nothing happened. Still have black screen.

• jaclou
    jaclou Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

shadejames doyle, I read your message! You are a seed of a writer, believe me! And for your notebook I hope the problem is now solved.Cheers!

• Jack6
    Jack6 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Dude Im tryin To do what you doin but  it didnt works HElp?
    it has black screen i cant fix it can you helpRobot surprised please dood

Im gonna Be the luckies dood in the world

• jaclou
    jaclou Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

¨what's your problem jack? more details about your hardware,pls.