Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Why is there already a password/user on our new Acer Switch 10?

Hi,

We bought a new Acer Switch 10 which we only got today. Is there suppose to be a password on the tablet already? We cannot do anything without entering a password (which we do not have!)

Can anybody help!

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,006ACE Trailblazer

shut it down.

then press ALT+F10 an press the power button, this will start the Acer erecovery and re-install OS from factory.

I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LiniqueIsUniqueLiniqueIsUnique Posts: 3Member
    Still doesn't work.. It says 'there was a problem resetting your PC'.

not good.

by the way the first time you boot your Switch10, you will never asked for a password.

at password request, have you tried to press just enter? 

try again with ALT+F10, if it's not working, call your seller and tell him about the password and reset error.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LiniqueIsUniqueLiniqueIsUnique Posts: 3Member
    Yeah, that's what we thought as well. We've tried everything we could think of, so maybe it'll be best to take it back. Thank you for your help though. Smiley Happy

You welcome. Smiley Happy