Acer Aspire V5|123 - Shutting Down Problems

Benjamin123
Benjamin123 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi,

I have bought an Acer Aspire V5|123 netbook yesterday. I had done a clean install of Windows 8.1 (with Pro). At the moment I was trying to do some updates on this netbook to get to the latest updates. But each time this netbook updates, the shut down method is taking like 3 mins to boot back up again which is taking longer than usuall!

I have a Compaq (from HP) computer which has Windows 8.1, the computer I use mostly is this - the boot up and shut down times are fast and quick. The operating system runs smoothly on it and it works fine and never had a problem for a few months now!

Also, the power button light stays on for like 5 mins after the Windows shut down. So, I have been surfing on the web to find a solution to this simular problem. I have found out a forum thread with someone answering about replacing the battery or replace the BIOS battery with a new one and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Benjamin

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• Benjamin123
    Benjamin123 Member Posts: 8 New User

UPDATE: Opened the machine to change the coin-cell battery and re-insert the memory card to see if this has solved the problem. Which it hasn't! Smiley Sad

Any solutions anybody?