Welcome to the Windows 10 forum - Start here first!

Cory-Acer
Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

We want to provide a forum to discuss Microsoft's newest OS Windows 10 which has been announced to release to July 29th. Microsoft has stated that all Windows 7 and 8 users will receive the update for free within the first year and it will be available via download prompted by Windows Update.

This forum will rely heavily on peer-to-peer interaction as Acer staff will be providing minimal support for Windows 10 until it is publicly released.

Here are a few FAQs that may be useful. We'll be adding more content to this thread as information becomes available.

If you have other questions related to the Windows 10 launch, please leave them here and we'll do our best to make the information available.

Check out our playlist on Youtube with over 40 videos on frequently asked questions regarding Windows 10: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLsoMz8c0i1uyo70Kzmk0Fo1Hw5jU04_U

Thanks,
Cory

Answers

• mapaspire
    mapaspire Member Posts: 5 New User

The due date July 29th is here and so fare Acer did not public as promised the list of notebooks elligible for the upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1.

e.g. Aspire ES1-111MC8TM

• Cory-Acer

Sorry, I was out last week so I'm the one that's behind. It's been posted in a slightly different position on our website and I've updated my FAQ list.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models

Cory

• mapaspire
    mapaspire Member Posts: 5 New User

Thanks ...

I assume it will be done after July 29th 2015

Is there any time projection when we can start the update to Windows 10?

Many thanks

• Cory-Acer

mapaspire wrote:

Thanks ...

I assume it will be done after July 29th 2015

Is there any time projection when we can start the update to Windows 10?

Many thanks

They've said it would be a roll out process. I didn't have the update available on my PC this morning before I came to work. It may be a couple of days before everyone gets a message to download.

Also, updated the OP with our Youtube Playlist for Windows 10 FAQs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLsoMz8c0i1uyo70Kzmk0Fo1Hw5jU04_U

Cory

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Microsoft official download tool for windows 10.

you can use to upgrade your windows 7-8.x version or create an iso image, so you don't need to wait the upgrade to appear under windows update.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ZundapMan
    ZundapMan Member Posts: 87 Die Hard WiFi Icon

I have two "candidate" Windows 7 (X64) Acer boxes in service.  I smell a "rat" in the offer to provide Win 10 within the first year, and as a Marketing Analyst in this industry for a significant portion of my career, I have some basis for schepticisim.  As far as I know, Windows folks at Microsoft have not said a thing that leads me to believe I'm wrong about this.  They plan, at the end of the first full year of Windows 10 deployments, to change their pricing model for operating systems to a "Micrsoft Cloud" based pay me every year for the physical life of the device subscription price that provides the operating system and a family of apps with continuous maintenance.  If you stop paying, they will stop updating.  I hopw I'm wrong about this, and, I do not make a prediction about the timing.  All it would take is a major world wide financial crisis, and Microsoft will have not choice in order to maintain their current infrastructure at capable levels.

• AvidSurvivalist
    AvidSurvivalist Member Posts: 24

Tinkerer

My PCs updated to Windows 10 last night on the 28th Smiley Happy Is there going to be any driver updates for the Elantech touchpad on my Aspire ES1-711-P14W? If so does anyone have an ETA for this, it is annoying without a touchpad... Smiley Frustrated

• RKL
    RKL Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi

Question 1 (!):

I upgraded to Windows 10 on the 29th.  I also did this for a Dell laptop.  Whereas the Dell kept all the drivers (including the drivers for both the onboard graphics and graphics card) the Aspire didn't.  Looking at the ACER support site shows a whole list of drivers, including many for wireless and bluetooth.  How do I know which of these I need for my particular laptop?  I have already downloaded the intel and NVIDIA graphics drivers but do I need all of the others...for instance all 3 bluetooth drivers?  I'm guessing they are all Windows 8.1 drivers but will be OK for windows 10?

Question 2:

For much of the time I run the laptop on my desk with an extended desktop onto a Full HD IPS monitor.  With the Dell (only HD on the laptop) I could achieve sharp image on both the laptop and monitor.  But with the Acer connected (and set to max resolution or HD) I can achieve a sharp image on my monitor and desktop of the laptop but any programs open are fuzzy on the laptop.  I'd left sorting this until I installed windows 10, but it is currently no better.  Any recommendations as to how to sort this?

Question 3:

How do I control when the laptop switches from the inbuilt Intel graphics to the NVIDIA card?  I use sketchup a lot and with large models I am getting part of the image clipped.  I previously had this on my old desktop before in istalled a better graphics card.  I therefore assume that the laptop is not switching over to the card?

Thanks

Richard

• ijolivan
    ijolivan Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Cory and everyone!

I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 8.1. I own an Aspire E 14 (E5-411-C23M)

After all the installation process, I noticed that my touchpad is not working. I have read various forums so I worked my way through the Device Manager, Windows Updates, etc, and that one in the Control Panel. Unfortunately, these settings do not recognize my touchpad, as if it does not exist.

I headed over to manually download the drivers on the Acer , but after countless installs, it still does not work.

Also, my keyboard also stops working sometimes.

Anything I can do?

Thank you!

• earlydoors
    earlydoors Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I am intrested if you get this resolved as i upgraded last night as well and the trackpad is not working also, not downloaded the drivers yet as I need to dig out a USB mouse, so cannot report back if that resolves the issue. The keyboard seems OK though.

Early

• Kaze
    Kaze Member Posts: 1 New User

This is about Aspire 5755G, upgraded from 8.1 to 10 (concerns also 5750G models)

There seems to be an issue with the Acer provided Fan Control Utility (provided here), it doesn't seem to run on Windows 10, would it be possible to have it reviewed by Acer devs for a Win10 release? 
    Thanks.

• Jwcat
    Jwcat Member Posts: 1 New User

V3-572G-543S

upgraded to W10 and lost my audio. Driver is up to date and W10 sees no problem. Help please!

• Adacool
    Adacool Member Posts: 1 New User

we need an updated version of the fan control utility for acer aspire 5750g
    doesn't on windows 10 and when trying to re-install I the message "this is not right product code"

please fix this because gaming is not possible without it

• BlackMaestro
    BlackMaestro Member Posts: 1 New User

I don't see the aspire e1-531 listed. Does this mean I will be unable to upgrade to windows 10?

• Cory-Acer

BlackMaestro wrote:

I don't see the aspire e1-531 listed. Does this mean I will be unable to upgrade to windows 10?

It means that Acer will not be providing driver support for Windows 10. You can perform the upgrade however, we cannot guarantee complete functionality of the device.

Cory

• earlydoors
    earlydoors Member Posts: 2 New User

RESOLVED. Got the touch pad working, i had to install the IO windows 10 update and it fired into life.

regards

Early

• dennisbrewster
    dennisbrewster Member Posts: 1 New User

I just upgraded to Windows10.  It seems to be working OK except that my glide pad no longer works.  I can navigate with the touchscreen and with a wireless usb mouse, but really miss the glide pad.  Do I need a different driver or something?

• MommaOf4_87
    MommaOf4_87 Member Posts: 1 New User

I upgraded to the new Windows 10 on the 29th from my original 8.1 OS and now I have no sound on my Aspire E5-521-23KH I've tried running the troubleshooter and it says it can't find a solution to my problem at this time and the editional options it gives me is just confusing and I feel like I'm getting nowhere , my sound worked perfectly pre-upgrade is there anything else I can do ??

• Ma28
    Ma28 Member Posts: 2 New User

I can't find any windows 10 drivers for Acer Aspire v3-772g model. On the acer drivers page you can only find drivers for win 8/8.1 

I checked the compatiablity page for windows 10 and seems like Aspire V3-772g model is listed there. Could someone help me with this problem? Thank you in advance.

• danslb
    danslb Member Posts: 35 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

ijolivan ha escrito:

Hi Cory and everyone!

I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 8.1. I own an Aspire E 14 (E5-411-C23M)

After all the installation process, I noticed that my touchpad is not working. I have read various forums so I worked my way through the Device Manager, Windows Updates, etc, and that one in the Control Panel. Unfortunately, these settings do not recognize my touchpad, as if it does not exist.

I headed over to manually download the drivers on the Acer , but after countless installs, it still does not work.

Also, my keyboard also stops working sometimes.

Anything I can do?

Thank you!

Hi,

I came across this once when I was installing the Elantech driver back in W8.1

The result would be that touchpad and keyboard stopped responding and the only way to get rid of the installation was to load a system restore point. You cant do that if you are getting this error right after upgarding to W10.

What I suggest is:

1. see if there are any touchpad drivers installed and manually uninstall them. Do the same for the keyboard. Meanwhile you can use a USB mouse and the virtual keyboard.

2. Restart your machine

3. Downlaod the correct driver for your touchpad, if you dont know you might have to try all of them.

4. Install the driver

5. Restart and see if it works now

6. If it didnt work go back to step one and try a different driver in step 3

Good luck