reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected device and press a key

annden46
annden46 Member Posts: 3 New User

acer all in one pc aspire z3-605 reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected device and press a key when I turn off it restarts and says the same thing.

I Have tryed everything to get it running again I need help bad! Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks Ann

Answers

• annden46

Can anybody help me with my problem every time i shut my computer down and restart it i get a message reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in device and press a key. I don't have a windows os for it because it came with windows 8 and i updated to windows 8.1 and my son took it back to windows 8 and this happen. I hope someone can help! It is a acer all in one.

Ann

• annden46

It is a Acer all on on Aspire not a Veriton

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

If you can't get to windows and didn't previously make a USB recovery drive, then you can try to repair using the Microsoft USB media drive.  Obviously you'll have to create the Microsoft USB media drive on a different computer (or have a friend do it for you).  I don't know if it will work, but it's what I would try if I were in your shoes.

When you boot the Microsoft USB drive, click on repair....

In order to get the Microsoft USB drive to boot, you may have to go in to your BIOS (press <delete> key at Acer screen) and navigate to enable the "Boot Menu" and then "save and exit" F10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

If that doesn't work, you can go ahead and install a clean copy of Windows 8.1 using that USB drive or you can buy your Acer recovery media here:

https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/

Or wait to see if anyone else has any other suggestions.  Because if repair/refresh doesn't work, and you have to go with plan B or Plan C, you're going to lose all your personal files (e.g. pictures etc) if you didn't  have them backed up.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    But before you try any of that, try using Alt F10 at the Acer screen.
  • JordanB