how do I factory reset iconia 8 W-810 tablet

g4jnw
g4jnw Member Posts: 12 New User

Have decided to return the iconia 8 W-810 tablet to the retailer as there is a fault with the sound, the retailer has no problems with it being returned.

Obviously the tablet will have my username and password on etc

Is there away to factory reset it or remove my details - Thanks

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Sure, a Windows Reset will do that for you, as will an Acer recovery. Acer recovery will take it back to where you started when you first bought the tablet, Windows reset will just have the Windows build without the Acer tools. Depending on your tablet model it either came with Acer recovery disks or a recovery partition. If you search for Recovery from the charm bar you should find Acer Recovery Management and it'll step you through the process. If you want to do the Windows reset instead, use PC Settings; Update & Recovery to get to that function.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Sure, a Windows Reset will do that for you, as will an Acer recovery. Acer recovery will take it back to where you started when you first bought the tablet, Windows reset will just have the Windows build without the Acer tools. Depending on your tablet model it either came with Acer recovery disks or a recovery partition. If you search for Recovery from the charm bar you should find Acer Recovery Management and it'll step you through the process. If you want to do the Windows reset instead, use PC Settings; Update & Recovery to get to that function.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • flukeskywalker
    flukeskywalker Member Posts: 1 New User

i would advise against the windows reset option as for some reason it seems to keep app data, even for new users. i bought the same tablet second hand and setup the tablet as new and when i installed launched the facebook app i was already signed in as the previous user, and recieving messages from his friends!

wipe it completly with the restore disks to be safe!