XB270HU in the wild with 120hz ULMB?

Options
ssateneth
ssateneth Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

There have been a number of posts floating around that say their XB270HU can do ULMB at 120hz now instead of only 85hz and 100hz.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1549176/official-acer-predator-xb270hu-owners-club/1560#post_24035501

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/39ezjs/xb270hu_ulmb_at_120hz_on_may_2015_model/

Is this a new hardware revision? Or is this possible with a firmware upgrade? Do I need to send my monitor in for 120hz ULMB upgrade or is it something I can do at home, or am I SOL and have to buy a new monitor and sell the old one?

Answers

• ssiperko
    ssiperko Member Posts: 21 New User
    Options

Good luck ..... I'm fighting frame rate locks at 144MHz in Fire Strike with SLI 980's that cap at 110fps UNLESS I change the desk top resolution to 1080 and no seems to have any answers. 

Even in ULMB mode 100MHz I'm capped at 110fps in Fire Strike at 1440. 

SS

• ssateneth
    Options

Dunno, my FPS is fine. Fire strike peaked around 160fps with my sli 980. >138fps avg on test 1, >111 avg on test 2. driver 353.12.

Worked fine in regular 144hz mode and 100hz ulmb mode.

have you tried using the monitor on a different computer to see if the FPS locks at 110? just start eliminating factors. if all else fails, just format and reinstall.

• ssiperko
    Options

No but I did try a different monitor and it was 100% normal.

I can't swap my cards (water) to my 4770k system to test and that box doesn't have a SLI 980 or better setup ..... YET. Smiley Wink

I've run every test/bios/driver/cpu-gpu-ram/software test I can NO change.

SS

• ssateneth
    Options

Do you have a different hard drive you can install a new OS to so you can boot off a fresh installed OS? You know, formatting without the format? Or maybe resize your existing partitions and install a fresh OS on the new partition? I mean I highly doubt the monitor itself is the limiting factor of your framerate. Something with your software configuration is causing a problem.

• ssiperko
    Options

Built a duel boot Sunday with windows 8.1 and Win 7 Pro.

100% current everything. 

I would seriously love to think it was something else setting wise. 

I even tried it before I installed my AV and same same. 

When the desktop resolution is set to 2560x1440 in SLI my frame is capped at 110 fps ..... My box won't run over 110 fps in Fire Strike Extreme in SLI so I can't test that and it won't run over 110 fps in single card mode on Fire Strike but it will in Cloud Gate (200+) and unless I set the desktop resolution to 1980x1080 I'm capped at 110 fps in SLI in that also. 

SS

• SingeMagique
    SingeMagique Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Yeah someone brought this up on reddit a few weeks ago. 120Hz ULMB appears to work on both of my XB270HUs (April 2015 manufacture date). Tested with the Blurbusters UFO test. I can definitely tell a difference and there is a noticeable decrease in brightness with ULMB enabled.