Acer Aspire v3-572g suddenly low fps

Options
pasanen
pasanen Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi

As of yesterday evening i experienced a permanent fps drop in all of the games I play (such as CS:GO etc).

Even have an fps drop in some of the older titles, which shouldnt have any problems whatsoever.

It wasnt caused by a windows update, since the update was done a few days earlier and the problem didnt occur then. (just to be sure, i did a system restore and it didnt fix the issue)

I have forced my more powerful graphic processor to work under all circumstances and the system is set to high performance. I havent installed any new programs nor made any changes to the system. As a matter of fact, the fps drop was so random, that I played a game earlier the day and then a few hours later when I relaunched the game, I instantly had a fps drop from 160 to 50 and it is persistent.

Basically Ive tried every simple solution there is and on Monday im gonna get my laptop cleaned from the dust, since I have not done it in the 9 months Ive had this laptop.

The reason I made this topic was just to maybe get some intel, whether could this be the possible reasoning behind this fps drop I have. Cuz for me it seems, that something is bottlenecking my laptops performance.

Or if anyone has some kind of information or ideas what could work, Id highly appreciate your time and effort.

Best Answer

• pasanen
    Answer ✓
    Options

A few days later suddenly the low fps was completely gone, but I do have a strong feeling that it was caused by dust.

I took it to service some days ago and the fps improved even more.

Answers

• Zounge
    Zounge Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Are you using an external monitor?

If so, boot your laptop without it beeing plugged in, then try again.

• pasanen
    Options

Unfortunately that is not the case.

I do not use an external monitor.

• pasanen
    Answer ✓
    Options

A few days later suddenly the low fps was completely gone, but I do have a strong feeling that it was caused by dust.

I took it to service some days ago and the fps improved even more.