Acer XB270HU no signal

thobos
thobos Member Posts: 1 New User

A few days ago I finally got my Acer XB270HU bprz 27-inch WQHD NVIDIA G-SYNC (2560 x 1440) Widescreen Monitor, and since I don't get my gpu for another month, I really want to be able to test the monitor out to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Since the monitor only has a display port, I purchased and tried two different Display port to HDMI adapters and I've used them with two different HDMI cables, and I can' seem to get any kind of signal. I've tried connecting to two different laptops as well as a Wii U, and I'm sure that the HDMI cables work.

Am I doing anything wrong here? Will I not be able to connect with this adapter? Could the display port on the monitor itself be defective

I just spent a large portion of my budget on this monitor and I'm kind of panicking because I can't get anything to work. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Have you checked by connecting the monitor using to any computer using a DP cable without any adapter?
    Also, when you connected the monitor to laptop using Display port to HDMI adapters, did you check by enabling external display on the laptop?

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• ssateneth
    ssateneth Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

While you can easily convert a displayport signal into an HDMI one (Displayport is smart enough to emulate HDMI), the opposite is not true. You can't passively convert an HDMI signal into a displayport signal (HDMI doesn't know how to emulate displayport). There may be powered converters out there that aren't cheap.

http://www.startech.com/AV/Converters/Video/Active-HDMI-or-DVI-to-DisplayPort-Converter~HDMI2DP

And even then, this may not work since it only guarantees resolutions up to 1920 x 1200.