switch button to turn on laptop instead of open lid

Options
Stelaong93
Stelaong93 Member Posts: 5 New User

i have just bought a acer aspire s7. whenever i open the lid of my laptop, it would turn on. i prefer my laptop to only turn on when i (open the lid and) press the power button. is that possible? if so, how do i do it? thanks!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
      1. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.

2. On the Select a power plan page, click Choose what closing the lid does.

3. On the Define power buttons and turn on password protection page, next to When I close the lid, choose what you want your laptop to do, both for when it's running on battery and when it's plugged in.

the closing option will force your laptop to not power on on lid opening.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Stelaong93
    Options

Thank you for your reply IronFly! i have already set both On battery and Plugged in to Sleep but i still encounter the same issue. Is setting the option to Sleep an issue? Am I suppose to change them to Do nothing to solve the issue?

• IronFly
    Options

set to do nothing and try again, if it sill turns on, probably it's an hardware switch and can't be set by software.

• Stelaong93
    Options

I have set it to Do nothing but the issue still exist. As you have siad, it might really be the hardware setting. Thanks a lot for your suggestions anyway!

• IronFly
    Options
    You welcome. Smiley Happy