XB270HU color uniformity - is this normal?

moonbogg
moonbogg Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

My XB270HU has a luminance uniformity issue that causes it to display colors unevenly across the screen.  White is only white in certain areas, and in other areas its a darker brownish color.  Grays, light blues and other lighter colors are lighter and darker in different areas of the monitor and its enough to be quite noticeable during normal use.  Is this kind of panel uniformity issue expected for this display?  See picture below.  Gray bar on right looks nice and gray, and on the left it looks brown.  Thats what it looks like and it doesn't seem right to me to have such a uniformity issue on an expensive IPS screen.  Are they all kind of like this?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wRiLRlD.jpg[/img]

Answers

• moonbogg

Bump.  Does anyone have any feedback here at all?  Am I being too picky?  I thought colors should look uniform across the display.  If they aren't supposed to, thats fine I just need to know.

• TimoteusPrime
    TimoteusPrime Member Posts: 7 New User

Looks like a "normal" light bleed/ips glow. Here´s mine. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rl4ea6occtz3eop/20150601_182804.jpg?dl=0

• moonbogg

Picture didn't work.  Can you fix it?  I'd like to compare.  That would be great, thanks.

• TimoteusPrime
  • moonbogg

Nice.  How does it look when actually showing a color?  If you show an all gray or white screen, does it look even?

• TimoteusPrime
  • TimoteusPrime

Looks ok to me except corners. i'm thinking about returning this...

• moonbogg

I really appreciate you doing that for me.  This helps a lot, so thank you.  I do see some non uniformity on yours as well, although it doesn't seem nearly a bad as mine.  My left side is all dark and nasty compared to yours.  I just bought another one and am replacing mine.  Wish me luck!  I will post a comparison shot later.

• TimoteusPrime

Happy to help. Hopefully you get better screen Smiley Happy

• SingeMagique
    SingeMagique Member Posts: 7 New User

If it helps here is a 9 segment delta luminance I captured from my panel with my i1Display pro. A little loss at the top, but not too bad. 

Capture_r.PNG