Vertical line on monitor

Options
gmaple
gmaple Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Suddenly there is thin yellow vertical line running from top to bottom and about two inches from the right side of my S230HL monitor. I disconnected the DVI cable, and restarted the monitor and the line is still there. I cannot make this line go away. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi gmaple,

If you're tried different cables, and it's always there, it is likely a defect in the monitor unfortunately. I would suggest contacting your Acer support team so they can help get that addressed for you.

Cory

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi gmaple,

If you're tried different cables, and it's always there, it is likely a defect in the monitor unfortunately. I would suggest contacting your Acer support team so they can help get that addressed for you.

Cory

• gmaple
    gmaple Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for your reply, I did contact Acer via chat and he also suggested that I send it in for repair. The cost of repair verses just purchasing a new monitor ............. I think I'll purchase a new one, however probably not an an Acer.

• JDsr
    JDsr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

From my experience you did a wise thing.

I have similar problem only not yellow line , but blue zone like several blue lines. Also vertical, but not very noticeable on some backgorunds. Best seen on light grey and blue background. 

Monitor is still on warranty. I send it to them to fix (it cost me 35$) and receive long letter stating there is no problem they could find. And best of all, now my DP input doesn't work, just says there is no cable connected. Tested on another monitor, cable and output is fine. 

• Jasonj
    Jasonj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Have same problem but a red line.  The same thing happened last October and they repaired it.  This time I asked for a replacement since it was a second time and it's hard for my business to be without it for 3 weeks.  They won't do that so I'm likely to buy a non-Acer monitor as well.  And I'm still under warranty until December 2017 so it's painful.