on-screen icon for Caps lock / number's lock is missing

CyclopsCyclops Member Posts: 3

I have a Acer Aspire 7750G-9411 laptop. I recently had to reload my operating system. since then the "on-screen " icon for the cap's lock and number's lock does not show up. I made sure to download and install all of the drivers but have been able to restore this one frature. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cliff

FAQ & Answers

• GuruAid-CSGuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467

If you are using Windows 8, then it is important to note that the on-screen indicators for Num Lock and Caps Lock are not available in Windows 8. To know more about this, you can refer to the link below:
    http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30035/~/no-num-lock-and-caps-lock-indicator

If you are using Windows 7, you can check if following the steps below helps:

1. Click on "Start".
    2. Type keyboard in the "Search" field.
    3. Double-click "Keyboard options".
    4. Go to "Key settings" tab and then, go to "Key settings" list.
    5. Locate and double-click "Caps Lock" and select the option "Display Caps Lock status on screen". Click "Finish".
    6. Follow Step 5 for Nums Lock as well.

Hope this will resolve your issue.