XB270H horizontal lines in upper left corner

eswimm
eswimm Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives

I have 2 of these monitors side by side on a stand.  One of them has distortion in the upper left which looks almost like every other row of pixels is faded.  With a solid background, you can see every other row of pixels is a different shade.  With text the distortion is clearly visible.  The area covers the upper left 1/16th of the screen.

I have of course swapped monitors and cables between the two computers and the problem follows this specific display.  I've already sent the monitor in for service once and it was returned with no trouble found.  Called support and my only option is to send it back again at my expense for what I can only assume will be the same horrible job they did the 1st time.

Is this the level of support I am to expect from Acer?

Answers

• ssateneth
    ssateneth Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Is this problem something you can take a picture of with your camera? I'm not an acer tech, I'm just curious.

• eswimm
    eswimm Member Posts: 2 New User

I did reach out to somebody through Facebook who is raising this issue with support, but here's the picture I sent them.

Acer XB270H.png

• ssateneth
    ssateneth Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

That looks a lot like my pixel inversion problem that I had with my asus pg278q. But it only happened during motion. Here is me rotating an avatar in world of warcraft.

stripes.png

• Hyperionxvii
    Hyperionxvii Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the exact same problem with my monitor. In the same location, upper left corner. It wasn't like this when I bought this monitor a few months ago, it just appeared out of nowhere.

• huey18at
    huey18at Member Posts: 2 New User
    I know this is problem is probably windows issue but when I go into windows explorer on my predator g9-793 I can't execute anything by the right click.  Once I try it closes down the screen and goes back to the desktop