Acer Aspire ES1-111M mousepad problem solved

auntelvis
auntelvis Member Posts: 1 New User

FYI: I have an Acer Aspire ES1-111M, Windows 8.1, 64 Bit, brand new. On 5-15-15 I installed an optional Windows Update "Intel Corporation - Other hardware - Intel(R) Serial IO I2C ES Controller". This update disabled the laptop's mousepad, but the external mouse worked OK. I was not able to uninstall the update with the regular Windows Update program. I opened Device Manager, expanded System Devices, and found "Intel(R) Serial IO I2C ES Controller". I right clicked the driver, clicked properties, went to the Driver tab, and clicked Roll Back Driver. After restart, the mousepad works again. Maybe this information can help somebody else out there.

Answers

• srudenko
    srudenko Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks for posting this. I had the same exact issue but on a Dell laptop. Windows Update recommended the update for "Intel Corporation - Other Hardware - Intel(R) Serial IO I2C ES Controller" Published 05/13/2015. After installing it my Synaptics touchpad did not work properly and also the Serial IO I2C appeared with an exclamation mark in Device Manager.

I rolled back the driver and everything is working fine again.

Windows Update is once again recommending that update but I am disregarding it since it seems to mess things up.