Drivers for Extensa 4420 - service not available?

Options
BillVolt
BillVolt Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Folks,

I've upgraded an Acer Extensa 4420 notebook from Vista to Windows 7.  I've been trying for over a week to download the Windows 7 x64 drivers for this PC, but every time I select Windows 7 x64 I get this message:  "Service not available".

For most of my attempts, the page would default to displaying Windows Vista x86 drivers.  Today, it fails to do even that.

I phoned Acer tech support and provided my SNID.  This PC is out of warranty, so Acer won't take my call.  Their automated system routed me to a third party.  When I explain the scenario, the agent told me the server was undergoing maintenance and I should try again in a couple hours.  When I further explained that I'd been trying for days, he suggested I call Acer.  He gave me the same number that I'd called to reach him.

This seems to be a recurring problem with lots of posts on the same topic.  User laurent_14 wrote that the Australian website was working.  As of today, it is not.

I've seen users suggest clearing Java cache or Temporary Internet Files.  I actually attempted to download the drivers on the newly-installed Windows 7 x64, prior to visiting any other websites or installing any other software.

How does one get drivers for an older Acer?

Thanks,

Bill

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all,

I checked yesterday and today, I was able to pull up drivers on both models. The issue was reported last week and we'll continue to monitor our downloads section.

Cory

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Yep, it looks like an Acer server issue.

I will report it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Itanaman
    Itanaman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

How do you report it?  I have the same issue for the Acer Aspire M5-583P?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

already reported yours too.

waiting an official answer. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all,

I checked yesterday and today, I was able to pull up drivers on both models. The issue was reported last week and we'll continue to monitor our downloads section.

Cory