Acer Aspire 8920G Replaced Video Card

Lawrencelal
Lawrencelal Member Posts: 9 New User

Acer Aspire 8920G

Video Card Failed.

Replaced Video Card With NVIDIA GT 240M DDR3 1GB MXM II Video card.

Install Good. NoteBook Boots Up Just Fine.

Running On Geniric Windows Driver.

NVIDIA Has No Drivers Says Get Drivers From Manufacture

NVIDIA EXPRIANCE Installed, But Can Not Find Drivers, Says Get Drivers From Manufacture

Need Help With This One.

Can Not Return $380 Card Once Package Opened.

Note Bios Is Up To Date.

HELP!!!

Best Answer

• Lawrencelal
    Answer ✓

MY RESULT'S.

Well Here Is The Big INFO.

I Phoned The Big Nvidia. Had A Very Detail Talk With Them. Yes Nvidia Blue Printed The Video Card, And Designed The Software. Long Story Short. Nvidia Could Not Help Me, But Gave Me The Phone Number To Asus.

Called Asus. Had A Very Detail Talk With Them. Yes They Made The Card With Nvidia Blue Print, And Many Other Legal Things. Asus Could Not Help Me, But Gave The Phone Number To Acer.

I Called Acer. Talked To Seprate Agents In Support. 2 In Total.

This Is Where The Stress Levels Hit Maximum. I Was Treated Like Some Newly Wed Living The IKIEA Dream. Like Money Grows On My Head.

Long Sotry Short. Acer Just Kept On Me It`s A 2008 Model, Time To Buy A New One.

The Way Acer Support Was Like Every 6 Months A New Model Comes Out And ACER Just Does Not Care For The Past Models. No Updates, No New Support. Just Abandon You Laptop And Get A New One.

And I Told Acer Support My Father Is A Donkeys Ass, And Im A New Born Just From Last Week.

I DONT WANT TO RANT MY STRESS HERE, BUT I HANGED THE PHONE UP AFTER ALL TALKING WITH ACER SUPPORT.

THINKING I OWN 3 OF THESE 8920G LAPTOP.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO. TOLD MY SHELF LAST TIME I BY ACER.  HAVE TO FIND A ANSWER.

WELL I DID FIND A ANSWER.

THE WEB ADRESS IS

http://www.igadgetsworld.com/how-to-nvidia-graphics-driver-can-not-find-compatible-graphics-hardware/

HOW TO: Nvidia graphics driver can not find compatible graphics hardware
    Jul 8, 2014
    41 20934

Facing a problem like Nvidia graphics driver can not find compatible graphics hardware , well Many people have been into this kind of problem. It actually occurs when you might have reinstalled Windows and installing the Nvidia driver right after you have installed the Intel HD Graphics or you just want to update your Nvidia driver. Whenever you try to install the Nvidia driver, it shows that it is unable to find a compatible graphics hardware.Now, most of the users try re installing Windows, Intel HD or Nvidia, trying out different versions, but this gets pretty lengthy and does not guarantee that the problem will be resolved. And downloading the different versions, that’s a sort of irritating job.

So, today I will show you how to do overcome this issue, and successfully install the Nvidia graphics driver without downloading anything else. The process is a little tricky one, but its sure that it will not be devastating if you make any mistake. so here is How to : fix the problem of “Nvidia graphics driver can not find compatible graphics hardware

Note to readers:

We’re getting many comments as many of the users are facing issues while fixing the “Nvidia graphics driver”and it’s hard to answer each and every comment, so kindly please mail to : Jayaditya@igadgetsworld.com with subject line: “Nvidia Graphics driver compatibility issues” and add relevant images + proper description of your problem, he will get back to you in less than 24 Hours.

nv1

Step 1:

1) Get your device ID: click on CONTROL PANEL, then CLICK on SYSTEM, then CLICK on DEVICE MANAGER

2) Under Other Devices/ (or if your video card already has a driver under Display Adapter) click on Video Adapter

3) Click on Details, Device Instance Id should already be selected

4) You will see something similar to this:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE3&SUBSYS_14471043&REV_A1\4&1595E8D4&0&0008

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_20421043&REV_A1\ 4&30DE1B

This single line has all the details about your specific video card maker, chipset and model

VEN_10DE means that the Vendor is 10DE, which is the Vendor ID for NVIDIA

DEV_0DE3 means that the Chipset is 0DE3, which is the Chipset ID for GT635M

SUBSYS_20421043 tells about the Specific Model GT635M in the Asus K55VJ laptop

nv2Step 2:

1) When you have tried to install and it showed failed, you must have noticed that the files are extracted to the installation directory. The default directory should be 

C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\340.43\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64\International\Display.Driver

2) Locate the INF files there of the type:

nvaa.inf

nvac.inf

nvam.inf

nvao.inf

nvbl.inf and so on.nv3

3) Pick any one of them (I picked nvam.inf) and make a backup copy then open the original in NOTEPAD or your favourite text editor, like Notepad++.

4) Now scroll down, until you see this

Scroll down until you see lines like:

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTx86.5.1]

%NVIDIA_DEV.0405.01% = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0405&SUBSYS_15D21043 

%NVIDIA_DEV.0405.02% = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0405&SUBSYS_16341043 

%NVIDIA_DEV.0407.01% = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_080117FF 

%NVIDIA_DEV.0407.02% = Section002, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_15881043 

%NVIDIA_DEV.0407.03% = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_16181043 

%NVIDIA_DEV.0407.04% = Section004, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_16321043 

%NVIDIA_DEV.0407.05% = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_17A21043 

%NVIDIA_DEV.0407.06% = Section005, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_3D7B17AA 

5) Now scroll down to the section that is similar to your chipset / DEV number

[DO IT CAREFULLY]

%NVIDIA_DEV.0CB1.01% = Section041, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0CB1&SUBSYS_203C1043

%NVIDIA_DEV.0DEE.02% = Section042, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DEE&SUBSYS_15621043 

%NVIDIA_DEV.0DEE.04% = Section042, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DEE&SUBSYS_15A21043

Step 3 [MOST IMPORTANT]:

1) Take a look at this pattern. You will make a DEVICE ID for your Video Adapter and insert it here

The first part is the same for everyone:

%NVIDIA_DEV

My DEV is 0DE3, so my device id so far is:

%NVIDIA_DEV.0DE3.01%

NOTE: If there is already DEVs same as yours then your line will be the next increment i.e.

%NVIDIA_DEV.0DE3.02%, or %NVIDIA_DEV.0DE3.03%

2) For the section just make it the same as the section where you’re inserting it so I have:

%NVIDIA_DEV.0DE3.01% = Section042,

3) The next part is the same for everyone so you will have:

%NVIDIA_DEV.0DE3.01% = Section042, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_

4) Add the rest (your DEV and SUBSYS numbers) so it matches your DEVICE ID and your finished device ID should look similar to this:

%NVIDIA_DEV.0DE3.01% = Section042, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_14471043

5) Insert it, while done it will look like this

6) Now scroll down to the [Strings] section it will look like this:
    [Strings]

DiskID1 = “NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP (32 bit) Driver Library Installation Disk 1″

NVIDIA = “NVIDIA”

NVIDIA_DEV.0405.01 = “NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS”

NVIDIA_DEV.0405.02 = “NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS “

NVIDIA_DEV.0407.01 = “NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT”

NVIDIA_DEV.0407.02 = “NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT “

NVIDIA_DEV.0407.03 = “NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT “

NVIDIA_DEV.0407.04 = “NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT “

NVIDIA_DEV.0407.05 = “NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT “

NVIDIA_DEV.0407.06 = “NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT “

7) Same as before add a line in for your Video card:

NVIDIA_DEV.0CB1.01 = “NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M”

NVIDIA_DEV.0DE3.01 = “NVIDIA GeForce GT635M – MKVs INF MOD”

NVIDIA_DEV.0DEE.02 = “NVIDIA GeForce GT 415M “

NVIDIA_DEV.0DEE.04 = “NVIDIA GeForce GT 415M “

NOTE: If there is already DEVs same as yours then your line will be the next increment i.e.

NVIDIA_DEV.0DE3.01 = “NVIDIA GeForce GT635M”

NVIDIA_DEV.0DD1.02 = “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M – KAPs INF MOD”

Step 4:

1) Save the file.

2) Now run setup.exe from the installation directory, and this time you should be able to successfully install the Nvidia driver.

NOTE: DO NOT RUN THE DOWNALOADED SETUP FILE. IT WILL OVER WRITE EVERYTHING IF YOU HAVE DONE SO FAR.

3) Install the driver, and once it has been installed just restart your laptop and you are ready to play high

Read more: http://www.igadgetsworld.com/how-to-nvidia-graphics-driver-can-not-find-compatible-graphics-hardware/#ixzz3aQuGJIwl
    Follow us: @iGadgets_world on Twitter | Igadgetsworld on Facebook

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello Lawrence,

1- What's the brand of the graphic board?

2- Do you know the part number (P/N)?

3- What OS is installed?

Perhaps you can find the manufacturer with HWINFO32 or 64 (use the portable version - no installation).

France
  • Lawrencelal

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

PART NUMBER STICKER SMUDGED INK CAME OFF WITH PADDED HEAT SINK

NVIDIA GT 240M DDR3 1GB MXM II Video card

REV 2.0

M90GN

MXM 2

CARD [N10P-GS1DDR3]

16N3G2 1015A2

NW8902.50WATT

N10P-GS-A2

Video chipset                                                                  
    Video Chipset:                                                                  NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M
    Video Chipset Codename:                                                  GT216
    Video Memory:                                                                  1024 MBytes of SDRAM

Video Card                                                                     
    Video Card:                                                                     NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M (GT216) [ACER]
    Video Bus:                                                                       PCIe v2.0 x16 (5.0 Gb/s) @ x16 (2.5 Gb/s)
    Video RAMDAC:                                                                8 bit
    Video BIOS Version:                                                          70.16.25.00.15
    Video Chipset Revision:                                                    A2

Performance                                                                    
    Geometry Unit Clock:                                                       405.0 MHz
    Shader Unit Clock:                                                            810.0 MHz
    Memory Clock:                                                                  324.0 MHz
    Memory Bus Width:                                                           128-bit
    Number Of ROPs:                                                              8
    Number Of Unified Shaders:                                              48

Hardware ID:                                                                    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_01451025&REV_A2
    PCI Location (BusSmiley Very Happyev:Fnc):                                              1:00:0

Driver Information                                                             
    Driver Manufacturer:                                                        (Standard display types)
    Driver Description:                                                            Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
    Driver Provider:                                                                Microsoft
    Driver Version:                                                                  6.1.7600.16385
    Driver Date:                                                                      20-Jun-2006
    DeviceInstanceId                                                               PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_01451025&REV_A2

\4&101B5C3C&0&0008

• laurent_14

Hello,

Is it an Asus graphic board?

France
  • Lawrencelal

Removed Video Card.

Detail Look.

CARD ONLY SAYS: NVIDIA GT 240M DDR3 1GB 

No Other Names On Card.

Thank You.

Lawrence Lal.

• Lawrencelal
    ProductCurrent
    Installed Driver
    Recommended
    Update
    GeForce GT 240M--The manufacturer of this system requires that you download the driver for your GPU from their support site.

The GeForce M series and GeForce Go series notebook GPUs use drivers that have been customized by the notebook manufacturers to support hot key functions, power management functions, lid close and suspend/resume behavior. NVIDIA has worked with some notebook manufacturers to provide notebook-specific driver updates, however, most notebook driver updates must come from the notebook manufacturer. Additionally, the desktop GeForce graphics drivers will not install on Geforce M series and Quadro M series notebook GPU's.
     Download Now
  • laurent_14

Hello,

M90GN is an Asus graphic board mounted in Asus Essentio CS5110 (FR). I found the drivers on the Asus France webiste:

Description:      NVIDIA VGA Driver V8.15.11.8618 for 32/64bit Windows 7

File size:          192.63 MBytes - Update: 2009/08/26

Download from: Global

France
  • Lawrencelal

Wow. This Is A Real Hard One. I Tried The:

Description:      NVIDIA VGA Driver V8.15.11.8618 for 32/64bit Windows 7

File size:          192.63 MBytes - Update: 2009/08/26

The Results Are :

NVIDIA Setup Error

The NVIDIA Setup Program Could Not Locate Any Drivers That Are Compatible With Your Hardware. Setup Will Now Exit.

Here Is An Good Example Of The Card On Ebay. Used.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/331509193509?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I Bough Mine New From NVIDIA Store. NEW.

Thank You.

• laurent_14

Hello,

You wrote: "I bought mine new from nVidia store".

In this case, I suggest you to contact the nVidia support by tchat.

France
  • Lawrencelal

Nvidia Support Is On It. Will Post An Answer HERE What Response I GetFrom Manufacture.

Thank You.

• Lawrencelal

1 More Day And I Will Post The Result's.

Hang In There Every One.

Thank You.

Lawrence Lal.

• Lawrencelal

MY RESULT'S.

I Phoned The Big Nvidia. Had A Very Detail Talk With Them. Yes Nvidia Blue Printed The Video Card, And Designed The Software. Long Story Short. Nvidia Could Not Help Me, But Gave Me The Phone Number To Asus.

Called Asus. Had A Very Detail Talk With Them. Yes They Made The Card With Nvidia Blue Print, And Many Other Legal Things. Asus Could Not Help Me, But Gave The Phone Number To Acer.

This Is Where The Stress Levels Hit Maximum. I Was Treated Like Some Newly Wed Living The IKIEA Dream. Like Money Grows On My Head.

Long Sotry Short. Acer Just Kept On Me It`s A 2008 Model, Time To Buy A New One.

The Way Acer Support Was Like Every 6 Months A New Model Comes Out And ACER Just Does Not Care For The Past Models. No Updates, No New Support. Just Abandon You Laptop And Get A New One.

And I Told Acer Support My Father Is A Donkeys *****, And Im A New Born Just From Last Week.

I DONT WANT TO RANT MY STRESS HERE, BUT I HANGED THE PHONE UP AFTER ALL TALKING WITH ACER SUPPORT.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO. TOLD MY SHELF LAST TIME I BY ACER.  HAVE TO FIND A ANSWER.

THE WEB ADRESS IS

http://www.igadgetsworld.com/how-to-nvidia-graphics-driver-can-not-find-compatible-graphics-hardware/

Jul 8, 2014
    41 20934

Facing a problem like Nvidia graphics driver can not find compatible graphics hardware , well Many people have been into this kind of problem. It actually occurs when you might have reinstalled Windows and installing the Nvidia driver right after you have installed the Intel HD Graphics or you just want to update your Nvidia driver. Whenever you try to install the Nvidia driver, it shows that it is unable to find a compatible graphics hardware.Now, most of the users try re installing Windows, Intel HD or Nvidia, trying out different versions, but this gets pretty lengthy and does not guarantee that the problem will be resolved. And downloading the different versions, that’s a sort of irritating job.

So, today I will show you how to do overcome this issue, and successfully install the Nvidia graphics driver without downloading anything else. The process is a little tricky one, but its sure that it will not be devastating if you make any mistake. so here is How to : fix the problem of “Nvidia graphics driver can not find compatible graphics hardware

Note to readers:

We’re getting many comments as many of the users are facing issues while fixing the “Nvidia graphics driver”and it’s hard to answer each and every comment, so kindly please mail to : Jayaditya@igadgetsworld.com with subject line: “Nvidia Graphics driver compatibility issues” and add relevant images + proper description of your problem, he will get back to you in less than 24 Hours.

nv1

Step 1:

1) Get your device ID: click on CONTROL PANEL, then CLICK on SYSTEM, then CLICK on DEVICE MANAGER

2) Under Other Devices/ (or if your video card already has a driver under Display Adapter) click on Video Adapter

This single line has all the details about your specific video card maker, chipset and model

nv2Step 2:

1) When you have tried to install and it showed failed, you must have noticed that the files are extracted to the installation directory. The default directory should be 

C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\340.43\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64\International\Display.Driver

nvaa.inf

nvac.inf

nvam.inf

nvao.inf

nvbl.inf and so on.nv3

3) Pick any one of them (I picked nvam.inf) and make a backup copy then open the original in NOTEPAD or your favourite text editor, like Notepad++.

[DO IT CAREFULLY]

Step 3 [MOST IMPORTANT]:

1) Take a look at this pattern. You will make a DEVICE ID for your Video Adapter and insert it here

%NVIDIA_DEV

%NVIDIA_DEV.0DE3.01%

NOTE: If there is already DEVs same as yours then your line will be the next increment i.e.

2) For the section just make it the same as the section where you’re inserting it so I have:

4) Add the rest (your DEV and SUBSYS numbers) so it matches your DEVICE ID and your finished device ID should look similar to this:

[Strings]

NVIDIA = “NVIDIA”

NOTE: If there is already DEVs same as yours then your line will be the next increment i.e.

Step 4:

1) Save the file.

2) Now run setup.exe from the installation directory, and this time you should be able to successfully install the Nvidia driver.

NOTE: DO NOT RUN THE DOWNALOADED SETUP FILE. IT WILL OVER WRITE EVERYTHING IF YOU HAVE DONE SO FAR.

3) Install the driver, and once it has been installed just restart your laptop and you are ready to play high

Read more: http://www.igadgetsworld.com/how-to-nvidia-graphics-driver-can-not-find-compatible-graphics-hardware/#ixzz3aQuGJIwl

• Lawrencelal
    Answer ✓

MY RESULT'S.

And I Told Acer Support My Father Is A Donkeys *****, And Im A New Born Just From Last Week.

THE WEB ADRESS IS

Jul 8, 2014
    41 20934

Note to readers:

nv1

Step 1:

nv2Step 2:

nvaa.inf

nvac.inf

nvam.inf

nvao.inf

nvbl.inf and so on.nv3

[DO IT CAREFULLY]

Step 3 [MOST IMPORTANT]:

%NVIDIA_DEV

%NVIDIA_DEV.0DE3.01%

[Strings]

NVIDIA = “NVIDIA”

Step 4:

1) Save the file.