veriton x6620g bios version P01.A2 video upgrade hangs at bios

tolmanjonathan
tolmanjonathan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

I Recently purchased a Nvidia graphics card for my Veriton X6620g. After installation the computer hangs at the ACER logo screen. I have tried to upgrade the bios but am unable to upgrade to a P11 or P21 bios version. Any one able to offer any help?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

P11 can be upgraded only to P1x BIOS not to P2x BIOS.

• If your BIOS was listed as P21.xx before updating you would only be able to use the P21.xx versions.
    • If the BIOS is listed as one of the versions that have the "L" at the end, they can only use those version that have the "L" at the end and follow the same P11.xx version type.
    • For the ones that have P11.xx, they can only use those.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tolmanjonathan
    tolmanjonathan Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for the reply IronFly... I do realize that I can't upgrade away from P01 bios, I gathered that from my previous research. Do you have a sugestion about the video card problem?  Seeing as most people have need to upgrade bios for one to work, however acer has no newer bios for the 6620g in the P01 range. Only an extremely old card was able to boot in the computer (I tried three modern cards).

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

are you sure that your PSU has enough power to handle the new VGA card?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Naomi-shoosh
    Naomi-shoosh Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem .i bought a msi low profile gt 1030 , it is a 30w card , it whil freeze at start and only show acer logo and wont boot .my bios is also p01 and ther is no new bios.what can i do for this problem?
    I have a hp 6005 that is made for 3 year before x6620g and work well with this card.
  • Naomi-shoosh
    Naomi-shoosh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Acer is very bad at supporting her customer even after 2 years no new bios other than instaled one.not even 1 more
    Ther is no way to change p11 or p20 to install on p01? Or the main board are in different model?
  • John12345
    John12345 Member Posts: 2 New User

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem on my Acer Aspire X1440. Installed ZOTAC GT710 1GB and stuck on boot splash screen. Please let me know if you found a solution.

Thanks,

John.

• DARAMO
    DARAMO Member Posts: 1 New User
    HELP PLZ I NEED UPDATE BIOS P11-A1 ON ACER VERITON X6620G
  • eolimtiaz
    eolimtiaz Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hi Every one Can some one help me Please really Struck i have Acer Q77H"-AD Motherboard it work fine without Graphic Card AS Soon As i put the GT 710 "GB Card inside and struck on Acer Long do nothing,But without card work fine i update the Its BIOS P11.A1 to P11.A2 but still same i try to Update the BIOS P11.A3 but its give me error same File size is not same can some one please help me  
    1545 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi plz help me
    Can't use VGA DDR5 in the mainboard Q77h2-AD , x6620G - bios version P01-A2 - PCI Express 16x

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    @1545 I'm not sure what you are asking for. The motherboard uses DDR3 memory, not video memory... Are you trying to put a video card in? Which card?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    Motherboard Q77h2-AD , x6620G _ Supported RAM DDR3 YES , Supported CPU intel Gen3 YES
    But Unfortunately Not Support VGA DDR5 - For Example Rx550/4GB
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I think I see what you are asking. It is not the DDR5 memory on the video card, it is that the video card doesn't support systems that are not using a UEFI boot environment. Some of the newer cards do and some do not, it is dependent on the card builder. Keep looking and you should find both AMD and NVIDIA based cards that work with legacy boot environments.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    For example, what graphics?
    billsey said:
    I think I see what you are asking. It is not the DDR5 memory on the video card, it is that the video card doesn't support systems that are not using a UEFI boot environment. Some of the newer cards do and some do not, it is dependent on the card builder. Keep looking and you should find both AMD and NVIDIA based cards that work with legacy boot environments.
    For example, what graphics?

The problem is not the graphics driver, The vga gddr5 do not screen.
  • Ultimate_A
    Ultimate_A Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    Hello. I have a problem with bios update. My motherboard is <X6620G q77h2-ad>. my bios version was P01.A1 and I Upgraded to P01.A2. Now I want to even Upgrade it more. So that I can install a Uefi windows. which version of bios I must install next. I really appreciated if you help me. I've been dealing with this problem for weeks now.
  • Ultimate_A
    Ultimate_A Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hello. My motherboard is <X6620G q77h2-ad>. my bios version is P01.A2. when I put a DDR5 video card it won't display anything in my screen, what should I do?
  • @Ultimate_A Ideally, you should create a new topic.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)