SSD Not seen in BIOS

rding
rding Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi I have a new Predator G3-605 and have installed a 240G OCZ SSD. Windows sees this in disk management and I have cloned the hard drive using Easeus but when i go into BIOS to set up the diskas the first boot device it is not shown in the boot options. If I look at the SATA ports it shows up but Im stuck on how to get it to boot up from the SSD any help gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Answers

• sdgoboy
    sdgoboy Member Posts: 1 New User

I have similar problem with installing SSD in my AG3-605-UR1H. After clone, even though I could boot to ssd, logging in would hang. After time with the SSD vendor on the phone, I decided that since its a new PC, I am going to try the following:

1) Made factory backup using ACER erecovery stuff on usb stick.

2) Made complete system image using windows 8.1 onto another USB disk.

Take out HDD. Install SSD. Try recovery from windows 8.1 system image. If that doesn't work, something really broken...may try erecovery from usb stick.

Last option would be to buy an ASUS and try the SSD.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

windows 8.1?

if you have 2 HDD/SSD connected and with system partition cloned, under UEFI BIOS you can see only the windows boot manager, it's why you can't choose HDD or SSD as first bootable device.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rding

Yes its 8.1 so is there any way to make it  boot from the SSD I have tried it with out the HDD being plugged in but it still wouldn't boot.

• IronFly

can you report the list of bootable devices on BIOS?

as wrote by sdgoboy, i would also try a clean install from an USB erecovery media that you can create from the old HDD with at least 16gb USB flash drive.

• rding

Open BIOS  under boot options

1 windows boot manager

2 dvd drive

3 removable device

4 lan

Thanks

• IronFly

if you choose 1 with just the SSD connected it can't boot?

• rding

No I disconnected the hard drive so just had SSD in  and first boot device as hard disk but it wont boot  just says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected device and press a key.

• IronFly

on BIOS, try to switch to Legacy (save and exit) then re-enter BIOS switch back to UEFI (save and exit), with just the SSD connected; then try to boot.