Acer Aspire V15 Nitro VN7-591G-70JY Wifi Problems Fit New Adapter ???

crawford
crawford Member Posts: 4 New User

Just bought a brand new VN7-591G-70JY and have problems with very weak/limited/unusable Wifi connection

Been through Acer support a few times now which even resulted in a complete reformat of Laptop (even though it is brand new !!)

Tried all Drivers and absolutely everything to make this work to no avail, unfortunately bought through Microsoft in USA and now am in Asia for the next year !!

I feel i have 2 options left, as i do really like the Laptop apart from this

1) Try to go through support to get something done at Acer service center-   Dont really want to use this option as will result Laptop being away from me when i need it daily

2) Buy a New Wireless Adapter and fit myself

So, The Question really i am putting out here in the hope a an informative reply is:
Is this just as simple as buying this adapter ( http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth.html ) and taking the old Atheros adapter out and replacing with this new one, and obviously loading the adapters ?

Am hoping someone can verify that this option will work, as seems the easiest way out of this ?

Thanks for any help

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    There is patch released by Acer to fix the wireless issue.
    If you have not installed it, you may download and install it and this should resolve the issue. Download WiFi Patch

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• crawford
    crawford Member Posts: 4 New User

Respectfully all the patch does is reset the power management, which shuts down everything after 10 minutes Hmmm Smiley Happy

Anyway, i did try that also, nothing changed Smiley Sad
    All i want is a fix for this Wifi issue, Love the Laptop

Will replacing the Network Card resolve this issue ?