Aspire E15 (E5-571G-73ST) with Linux pre-installed won't install Windows 7

trettet
trettet Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi guys, I just bought this Laptop from a local reseller for a cheap price! Now I got problem, I have thoroughly researched everything and I have tried my best to install my Genuine Official Copy of Microsoft Windows 7, but I'm unable to do so because it gets stuck on Starting Windows... from my research, I had dicovered that Windows 7 is only compatible with UEFI if there I enable CSM and Disable Secure Boot, but I'm unable to find it in my UEFI settings, that's why it gets stuck, however though Windows 7 installs successfully on Legacy Mode (yes I have tried both GPT and MBR Partitioning scheme) but I refuse to accept to install Windows 7 on Legacy mode for I am looking forward to upgrade to Windows 10 (the free one) which is totally compatible with UEFI and Secure Boot without CSM. I have updated my UEFI to the Latest one.

Second issue is the Drivers, the Processor that comes with the laptop is and i7-4510u which if I'm not wrong is Haswell, now, I get my drivers from the Official Acer Website, should I install the (sort of*) outdated Chipset and IGP Drivers optimize for Haswell or can I choose to install the latest and greatest drivers (FFS who doesn't want latest??) which is optimized (or maybe only for Broadwell) that's why I'm starting a discussion here if it's okay for me to install the drivers labeled Broadwell for the sake of getting the latest drivers.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

As per specification details your computer has been shipped with Linpus Linux Lite - Command Prompt Only.

If you wish to install  Linpus, You may download a full version of LINPUS OS with the graphical user interface from the below link. Http://www.linpus.com/downloads.html

To boot from windows 7 disc, you may disable secure boot in BIOS, there is no launch CSM option for laptop's.

Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS.
    Use the right arrow key to select Security, Use the down arrow key to highlight Set Supervisor Password and press Enter. Create a password and press Enter. Retype the password to confirm and press Enter again.
    Use the right arrow key to select Boot. Press the down arrow key to select Secure Boot and press Enter.
    With the arrow key, highlight Disabled and press Enter.
    Press the F10 key and select Yes to save the changes and exit the BIOS.

We suggest removing the supervisor password immediately after enabling Secure Boot. If you choose not to remove your supervisor password, make sure you write it down for future use.

You may check the date and directly install the latest drivers for all devices including chipset.
    Here's the hardware vendor utility  HV utility to find the device manufacturer names for VGA, LAN and wireless.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• trettet

Tinkerer

As written on my post, I had already disabled Secure Boot (because If I enable it, it would show a popup - SUCURE BOOT FAILED) so disabling Secure Boot removes that prompts HOWEVER - HOWEVER when the Starting Windows... animation shows up IT DOESN'T PROCEED it stops and FREEZE.

(IT'S DOES NOT STOP ON LEGACY MODE & I can successfully install)

I have already tried both GPT and MBR Partitions

My Windows 7 DISC is GENUINE and ORIGINAL and the key is successfully validated.

• trettet

Tinkerer

Here are my Scenerios, if you'd like a Summary:

UEFI & Secure Boot On - Prompt on the Screen - "SECURE BOOT FAILED"

UEFI & Secure Boot Off - Prompt is GONE - FREEZES on Starting Windows... animation

Legacy Mode - No problems at all!

and again I repeat, my disc is not burned by third party or by myself. It is directly from Microsoft and my license is Genuine

and OF COURSE the disc is the x64 variant of Windows 7 Home Premium - not the x86

• trettet

Tinkerer

please help me, I need to install Windows 7. I just need that Launch CSM from the UEFI Settings to get over this mess!

• trettet

Tinkerer

when Linpus Lite OS was still preinstalled it also gets stuck when loading the command line (part where it says scanning the HDD) which is weird because other models (other Aspire E5 or E15 variants) boot their Linpus Lite OS command line without ease, I already did try booting the preinstalled OS on two laptops of the same model and variant and it still would freeze...which makes me think that has got something to do with my Windows 7 freezing on Starting Windows... on UEFI mode

• Lokesh41
    Lokesh41 Member Posts: 1 New User
    In bios selet legacy boot mode instead uefi. And press f10 or f12 during boot. Insert ur usb drive or installation disk. And before installation please download intel win 7 usb utility driver. Run that in any other sytem. Mount the installation image with that too. And finally u can install win 7.yeahhh i jst did this after wasting 7 hours