Acer Aspire R7 shuts down

Options
arcticmargin
arcticmargin Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire R7 that I bought at the initial promotion.  Windows 8.1 up-to-date. The problem I have is when picked up with a hand left of the keyboard the machine shuts down.  Not into shutdown, but just turns off.  The Ezel hinge works great and overall it is a great machine. I have to be careful how I lift it off of my lap.  Any solutions for this?

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

On re-powering, do you get any Windows messages or warnings that the machine was improperly shutdown?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rufaz
    rufaz Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    Options

tighten the screws below the device, if not mistaken, this issue is due to some loose screws below the black rubber grip. this causes the hinge to not able to function properly, hence, the device go into sleep/hibernate or whatever mode that you set when you close off the hinge.

situation: as you lift the device, putting some force on laptop, the laptop detects the hinge as closed off (as if you're turning off your laptop)

solution: try to tighten them all. it is due to loose screws. they are all visible and reachable from the outside. you dont need to unloose any screws and do not need to open up the internals of the device.

post the feedback, whether it is working or not? whether there are loose screws or not?