Acer Iconia Tab A210

Options
donadee
donadee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hey guys,

I've been looking everywhere for a solution to my problem and I have had 0 luck. I've spent the past 4 days digging and digging for a solution and it just doesn't work for me.

My mother-in-law forgot her password on her tablet and i'm trying to hard reset. I know it sometimes takes a few tries (sometimes 20) to get it right with all the 3 second button holding and volume up but i have had 0 luck. It just doesn't work for me.

The only thing that seems to work for me is; Holding the volume down button( - not + ) along with the power for 3 seconds then switching the lock to on and off. The message i get from doing that is not what all the sites say i should see but rather a "Bootloader VJB-3fb8d46: Starting Fastboot USB download Protocol" and then it just freezes there. 

Is there any way to plug the tab into my pc and reset from there maybe? Or is there something i'm missing here that the sites are not telling me?

Thanks

Best Answer

• donadee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Wow really.... I can't believe after 4 days i never came across that link you posted. Worked like a charm!

Thank you very much Smiley Happy

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

the only way to hard reset is with button combination, you can't do it from PC since the device must be unlocked and having USB debug enabled.

how to do it:

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29901/~/acer-iconia-a210-factory-data-reset

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • donadee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Wow really.... I can't believe after 4 days i never came across that link you posted. Worked like a charm!

Thank you very much Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options

it happens. Smiley Very Happy

you welcome.

• suehenry1950
    suehenry1950 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

HELP  I have had my daughteer do the button thing till our fingers are blue we have tried the pin hole rest and still no i got a funny little pad lock once but it went out before i could do anything PLEASE tell us the secrect i am to the point i am gonna pay the computer repairman

• IronFly
    Options

no secret, the only way to perform it is as per instructions.

• suehenry1950
    suehenry1950 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

thank you will keep trying  sorry about your employment status i am on social security so am not much better off i am sure it will get better for just don't give up 

Spoiler
    Woman Happy
  • IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• CoralG
    CoralG Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, my tablet show the following message after trying to restaurate it: bootloader vjb-d0ca663: starting fastboot USB donwnload protocol, but It is freezed since a while. 

Could anybody help me? Thanks in advance.