Printing problems, HP does not recognize ACER Aspire E 15

Options
RussianBlues
RussianBlues Member Posts: 2 New User

Just purchased an Aspire E 15 Touch with Windows 8; but I am unable to locate drivers for my HP LaserJet P1102W. Unable to print. Suggestions? Is this a discontinued notebook?  I have written HP requesting compatibility drivers.

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi, RussianBlues.

You need to get the Printer driver from the printer manufacturer. You can either download the driver from printer manufacturer's website or contact the printer manufacturer support team. They will help you with it.

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Options

This issue is not related to your laptop model or whether or not it is discontinued.
    The E15 has both WiFi and USB connectivity which should allow connection to your printer.
    HP do provide drivers for Windows 8. You can select and download here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-P1100-Printer-series/4110394/model/4110306/drivers

• RussianBlues
    RussianBlues Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Wht is Thunking spooler APIS crsh?

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Options

"Thunking spooler APIS crash"
    This can have a number of causes.
    Check that you don't have any unused printer entries present. If so, remove them.
    Another candidate is possible system file corruption. Run the file checker tool (as administrator from command prompt):

sfc /scannow

You stated (in PM):

"Regarding inability to print from Aspire E 15 Touch"  My connection is on but it will not recognize my HP LaserJet P1102w printer. It says it cannot connect to the internet. I have even used a cable and plugged in manually to my Acer laptop. It asks for a driver and HP driver detective added the driver but will not print. I am obviously overlooking a connection somewhere.  I have added the printer, made it the default but won't print. Any other advice?"

Have you been able to access the printer from another machine?
    Have you been able to print a test page immediately after installing driver?

Are the documents getting 'stuck' in the print spooler?
    If so, you will need to clear the backlog.
    Open a command window (as administrator) and enter:

net stop spooler

then, clear the print jobs:

del %windir%\system32\spool\printers\*.* /q

restart the spooler:

net start spooler

Try printing a test page.