Aspire switch 10 fails to turn on

grahpayne
grahpayne Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I purchased an Acer Aspire Switch 10 in Januaryand it worked extremely well, after a month or so the laptop powered off and will not power on - whatever I do.

The battery is fully charged but the power button has no effect.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

long push on power button + Volume down

it will enter BIOS, then save and exit, normally it will boot without issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

long push on power button + Volume down

it will enter BIOS, then save and exit, normally it will boot without issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Kahvila
    Kahvila Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you thank u thank u sooooooooo much.............I tried your solution and yess it worked!

You are genious Love you!

• wayko
    wayko Member Posts: 1 New User

I have noticed this and the power button and vol down option sometimes work, but after seeing over 300 of these laptops having this issue decided to check further. We opened one up that was having the issue and found a cable was loose inside. Plugged the cable back in and then it turned on. I thought this is a fluke. 60 laptops later with the same issue and all finding a loose cable inside and working after this solution, I believe Acer should recall this model and fixed this issue. There is one thing when two or three have this issue but over 300 seems to be a design flaw. I had the customer call acer in hopes Acer would notice that the same problem is coming up over and over again and issue a recall on this model.

• SLA
    SLA Member Posts: 4 New User

Thanks.  This did work.

• BeckyMcClain
    BeckyMcClain Member Posts: 1 New User

I too have had this issue several times. It takes several times to get it to work. So thank you I will call ACER and let them know it is an issue.

• ac5a
    ac5a Member Posts: 1 New User

The Acer Switch 10 is easy to take apart.  back.cover.removed.with.pointers.jpgI remove the back cover within 2 minutes.

I have unplug and replug the two ends of the long flat cable connecting the small PCB with buttons and the mainboard.  Unfortunately the unit is still unable to turn on.  Anyone can help?