Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Restore failed - Error code=0x17(Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)

2»

FAQ & Answers

• zinc7zinc7 Posts: 15Member

IronFly,

Thank you.  I sort of get it...   I will try to create a copy of my Acer Recovery disk on a different computer.  I will let you know what happens.

Thanks!

zinc7

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,339ACE Trailblazer

if you need a software to do an iso file, i suggest you infrarecorder:

http://infrarecorder.org/?page_id=5

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • zinc7zinc7 Posts: 15Member

Dear Ace IronFly,

OMG, my Acer computer works again!!  I did not have a disk with enough storage space to make an iso file of the Recovery 1 disk, so I copied it to the desktop of my working computer, using the internal HD of that computer.  Then I put the very same Recovery 1 disk into the external drive I was using to recover my Acer computer, plugged that external drive into my working computer, and copied the Recovery 1 disk (again) to the desktop.  Both copies had exactly the same files with the same names, but when I looked at the sizes of the files, the POP010 files starting with C2159 were empty--0 KB--for the Recovery disk copied from the external hard drive.

So (among other things) I did not realize that an optical drive could be partly good and partly bad.  The bad external drive read several disks just fine, including the Acer System disk.  According to my working computer, the bad drive read disks up to about 3.10 GB, and then fails to copy any more.  The Acer Recovery 1 disk holds 3.82 GB (again according to my working computer) and so that was the problem.  I bought a new external drive and loaded the Acer recovery disks onto my Acer without any trouble at all.  good grief...such a lot of trouble.

Thank you so much, IronFly, for all of your help!!  I will go back and mark the issue resolved at your last suggestion.

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,339ACE Trailblazer

you welcome. Smiley Very Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.