Aspire R13 (r7-371t) automatic startup with display lid

Options
ImNotImpressed
ImNotImpressed Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello,

I decided to try r7-371t. I struggled for hours with an annoying automatic startup when I open the lid. It seems to be impossible to find a solution working with that laptop. 

I tried all of these:

- Disable hybrid sleep mode (already disable by default)

- Turn off Fast Startup Mode

- Disable hibernate mode with the key registry under: Hkey_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Power

- Disable all features under power setting 

- Alternate all possibles on and off option under power setting

I rebooted the computer properly every time.

Normally the hybrid sleep mode and fast startup option are responsable for the automatic startup with the lid. Apparently Acer created a by default automatic startup that cannot be disable easily. Please Acer, could you tell us where to turn it off or send us a patch to fix it. If I cannot control my laptop, I will return it and buy another brand.

I'm expecting a fast answer.

Thank you

Answers

• ImNotImpressed
    ImNotImpressed Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

A quick follow-up...

I just called Acer support to discuss with the support and explained all the steps I tried to avoid redoing it and save time. Guess what, the guy asked me to try exactly what I wrote in my previous post. So, no solutions!

After that, he asked me to redo a fresh install... well I already just did a fresh install and it does not work, I just got the computer 12 hours ago! He told me, he does not have any other solutions and that I do not want to cooperate.

I asked if an update or a patch could be possible because other laptops have often a switch for it.

The guy hanged up the phone.

No needs to say more about Acer customer service, you can build your own opinion! 

ImReallyNotImpressed

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Unfortunately we do not have a solution for you to disable the device from waking when the lid is opened. Most users expect the device to wake when the lid is opened. Please feel free to post on our Idea's platform as it is the best way to express idea's and suggestions for future products and show whether other users feel the same.

I understand this is not the answer you want, but I hope it provides clarity for your issue.

Thanks,
    Cory

• atagliaf
    atagliaf Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I would REALLY like to have the possibility to stop the auto startup behaviour on opening the lid.