Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Recovery partition is deleted

unknown2unknown2 Posts: 3Member

Hello all and hope you all are fine.

I bought an Acer Aspire 5520 few years ago. It has a partition with Windows Vista installed on that. Unfortunately that partition is deleted completely so I can not recover my laptop to its factory setting.

Is there anyway that I can install that original windows Vista again? I looked behind my laptop and there is a label with a product key. Is that useful?

Thank you in advance with your help

Kind Regards

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,023ACE Trailblazer

if you are able to find a Vista original installation CD, you can use the product key on your notebook.

if you want the original Acer installation media:

Acer recovery media
    if you are in the US you can buy it:
    http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/eRecovery

if you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/#_ga=1.157815354.1650522051.1412414371

I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • unknown2unknown2 Posts: 3Member

Thank you with your reply.

Unfortunatelly it seems my country is not on those links!

I have bought a recovery dvd of another model of Acer laptop. I have installed that on my computer and the windows vista which is installed by that recovery DVD is active and works fine! It even did not ask me to enter the product key during the recovry proccess. Is that windows automatically recognise my product key and it is a geniune one ?! How can I understand ?

Thank you with your reply in advance

Right click on Computer on the desktop, then select properties.

At the bottom of the
    page you will see the activation status.

You can also get to it by going to the control panel and select system.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • unknown2unknown2 Posts: 3Member

Thank you for your help.

I checked my windows and it is active but the product key is not similar to the product key that is on my laptop! But it allows me to change the product key.

It it legal to change the product key and enter my laptop product key or I should buy a new windows CD?

Thank you in advance

Save your active product key and then try to change it with the laptop product key.

nope you don't neeed to buy a new windows CD, you have a legit license.