Just recieved VN7-791G-730V from Newegg...

Slackjaw
Slackjaw Member Posts: 7 New User

So I had a passing interest in the Aspire V17 Nitro... but I had no interest in buying one with the Atheros WiFi adapter. So I find out the newer version VN7-791G-730V was supposed to include 802.11AC WiFi. I decided to go ahead and order one then. Well I just now recieved it from Newegg... AND IT STILL HAS THE CRAPPY Qualcom Atheros QCA61x4 Adapter!!!

Here is what I was supposed to get:

BrandAcer Series Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition Model VN7-791G-730V Part# NX.MTHAA.001 General Color BlackOperating System Windows 8.1CPU Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6 GHzScreen 17.3"Memory 16GB DDR3Storage 1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSDOptical Drive 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive (M-DISC enabled)Graphics Card NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860MVideo Memory 4 GB GDDR5 Communication Gigabit LAN and WLAN Dimensions (W x D x H) 16.65" x 11.54" x 1.0" Weight 6.61 lbs.     And here's what I actually got:

Capture.JPG

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Answers

• Slackjaw

P/N:NX.MTHAA.001

RMN:MS2395

S/N:*****

Wireless AC is even listed on the box.

WHAT NOW??

[edited to comply with guidelines]

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

• Slackjaw

Well trying to find out what this adapter actually is is frustrating. I am reading this may actually be a "Killer" wireless AC adapter. However, I 'right clicked' properties and could only find wireless modes a/b/g/n... so that in combo with "Atheros" got me thinking this was the old card. I only have wireless N here at work, so will check my new Wirelss AC router when I get home. So MAYBE false alarm...

• Slackjaw

YES... FALSE ALARM! So the Atheros QCA61x4 *is* 802.11AC. I'm at home, and the connection shows 866Mbps. *NEVERMIND*  HA..........

• Slackjaw

Just did a format and clean install... the driver specifies LITE-ON wireless AC 2x2 adapter, and shows in device manager as above.