Aspire E15 brightness is locked at maximum capacity. Won't let me change it

andrewuh
andrewuh Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

My Aspire E15's brightness is locked at maximum capacity. I can't change it in power options or with the Fn key. It is the same whether connected to the AC adapter or not. While using the Fn key and pressing Fn+Left Key or Fn+Right Key, the on-screen brightness indicator alternates between two levels but the brightness of the screen doesn't change. Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Answers

• andrewuh

Series model is ES1-512-C88M

• Govind1801
    Govind1801 Member Posts: 19 New User
    Answer ✓

Please reinstall Video graphics driver once and try it:

Here is driver download link :
    http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_10.18.10.3574_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635524963765611252&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIREES1-512&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

• andrewuh

Great that worked. Thank you for your time.

• LisaParker
    LisaParker Member Posts: 1 New User

This solution has not worked for me. I am finding it very difficult to work of my laptop as the screen is too dim.

• cookiecf
    cookiecf Member Posts: 4 New User
    Having the same problem with an Aspire E 15, E5-576G-81GD. Can someone link me to the current Video Graphic Driver? The one linked above says I do not meet the minimum requirements.
  • sai1997
    sai1997 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Aspire E15's brightness is locked at maximum capacity. I can't change it in power options or with the Fn key. It is the same whether connected to the AC adapter or not. While using the Fn key and pressing Fn+Left Key or Fn+Right Key, the on-screen brightness indicator alternates between two levels but the brightness of the screen doesn't change.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    cookiecf said:
    Having the same problem with an Aspire E 15, E5-576G-81GD. Can someone link me to the current Video Graphic Driver? The one linked above says I do not meet the minimum requirements.

Hi,
    You can download the driver from here:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7333?b=1
    If you are not happy with that driver, go to Device manager, expand Display adapters, highlight and right click your graphics, uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • cookiecf
    Hey, I tried uninstalled the intel driver, as well as downloading the driver from the link you provided, none worked. It seem that sai1997 have the same problem as me too. Is there any other way we can fix this? thanks!
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    cookiecf said:
    Hey, I tried uninstalled the intel driver, as well as downloading the driver from the link you provided, none worked. It seem that sai1997 have the same problem as me too. Is there any other way we can fix this? thanks!

Hi,
    Give this a try, it may or may not resolve the problem but worth a shot, carry out a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains and follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 mins and start again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • cookiecf
    Sorry for the late respond, I did the battery reset, it did some scanning when starting up the pc, but the problem remains, is there anything else I could try?
  • runebird
    runebird Member Posts: 1 New User
    I found a solution for my model E5-576:
    1. Download the generic Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10, from the Intel website. I downloaded the ZIP file labelled win64_25.20.100.6323.zip
    2. Open Device Manager in Windows, select Display Adapters
    3. Right-click Intel UHD Graphics 620, and select Uninstall Device. Check the box for "delete driver software". Restart Computer
    4. Unzip the Intel Driver file, and run the igxpin.exe application. Restart Computer.

This fixed the problem for me. Before I wasn't even seeing the brightness icon appear when using Fn + right or left arrow. Now it is working. I also have access to the Night Light feature in the Display settings, which is a nice feature to have.

Good luck everyone

• Jesus87
    Jesus87 Member Posts: 1 New User
    runebird said:
    I found a solution for my model E5-576:
    1. Download the generic Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10, from the Intel website. I downloaded the ZIP file labelled win64_25.20.100.6323.zip
    2. Open Device Manager in Windows, select Display Adapters
    3. Right-click Intel UHD Graphics 620, and select Uninstall Device. Check the box for "delete driver software". Restart Computer
    4. Unzip the Intel Driver file, and run the igxpin.exe application. Restart Computer.

This fixed the problem for me. Before I wasn't even seeing the brightness icon appear when using Fn + right or left arrow. Now it is working. I also have access to the Night Light feature in the Display settings, which is a nice feature to have.

Good luck everyone

Thank you ( runebird ) this Intel Graphics driver fixed my brightness settings, now i can control it and also the night light settings just like you said thank you again!