R7 loses all wifi when connected to docking station

Options
Colchicine
Colchicine Member Posts: 37 New User

R7-572, about 10 months old with zero wifi problems otherwise.  Win 8.1

I have a Plugable UD-3900 USB 3.0 docking station
http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-UD-3900-SuperSpeed-Universal-2560x1440/dp/B00ECDM78E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424744332&sr=8-1&keywords=plugable+usb+3.0

I have not figured out a set pattern yet, but I mostly lose wifi when I plug in the docking station.  It will recognize networks but not be able to connect to them.  Yesterday was the first time I tried connecting these two together and I was able to somehow solve the issue temorarily.  How I don't know.  I am not able to reproduce tonight.

Just now I tried plugging it in and I was able to retain wifi for about 5 minutes.

When I run the Internet Connections troubleshooter it says "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

I would very much like to be able to dock this machine.  Any ideas?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Shut down the laptop, unplug your router/modem and wait 5 minutes. Plug in the router/modem and then turn on the laptop.

• Colchicine
    Colchicine Member Posts: 37 New User
    Options

To give it due diligence, I tried that.  At first it would not connect so I walked away.  When I came back it was connected and stayed connected.  If anything, it sure is inconsistent.