newest member

Options
aceraspires3
aceraspires3 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi forumites!

As a newest member taking time to intorduce - got my acer aspire s3 ms2346 laptop Windows 8 last Feb. It was great for first 3 months even upgraded to 8.1, then one day a corrupted file and bsd error code 00xs000000d have not been able to enjoy any more moments. Hours of wasted time in the following 9 months in my down time searching for a fix...one owner had the error code only after one day of owning, was very disappointing personally and to find others like that person who are without a working aspire laptop is equally frustating to realize.

Wish I had a better experiences to share in like most of you have had the past 9 months without me! Using Vista this whole time on my old desktop compaq...been tough going here.

Click on a pop up for me!

best,

aceraspireS3

Answers

• aceraspires3
    Options

edit:

bsd corrupted file error code is 0xc000000d

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

with setup utility what you mean?

the windows 8.1 advanced startup options?

if so, you can open the command prompt and try this commands:

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

troubleshoot/advanced options/Command prompt

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • aceraspires3
    Options

Thank you, the commands have helped to fix my laptop after 9 months casually seeking advice. Loaded the windows 8 8.1 media installation tool onto a USB of 8 G and entered setup utlity to move USB CD to top of boot order then started up, installed USB then used command prompt window - then installed Windows, up and running last night, a sincere thank you for time and effort, my compliments and Kudos. Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.