Dropped my C720P - need new touch screen glass

vampirefish
vampirefish Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi- I dropped my C720P and now need new touch screen glass. The LCD seems to be OK and from what I can find online, the front screen is the touch screen (attached to the display bezel). How do I find this replacement? I'm not having any issues finding the LCD screens (although they are all out of stock) but can't seem to find this part. I know this type of damage isn't under warranty but do have a ticket into support to see how much Acer would charge for this repair.. just curious if I have to do it on my own (also to save some $$). Thanks

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry that the screen is cracked,. If you are from US/canada the cost for repair by Acer would be around $130~. if you would like to get the part & fix by youreself I hope that would be more.
  • vampirefish

Thanks... I contacted Acer support and was told that the standard fee for out of warranty repair for this model is $149.99. Do you know where I can find this part (display bezel for the glass touch screen )?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

I did a Google for "acer c720p screen replacement" and found a bunch of them... Looks like the screen can be had for $40-50 and there are videos showing the process.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • vampirefish

Interesting... what I've found are the screens but not the display bezel... could you please send me a link or 2? I'm only finding the LCD screen....

• billsey

Ah, I was confused, I thought it was your touchscreen that was broken, not the bezel going around it. You'd have to contact Acer directly to get the plastic parts around the screen.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • vampirefish

Maybe I'm confusing myself .. ha ha. I watched a few videos and it looks like attached to the bezel is the touch screen... then under that is the LCD... In this video, the guy says that the LCD and touchscreen are different components and when he takes it apart, it looks that way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg3yqXdVc6c

I've tried searching for display bezel and touchscreen assembly with no luck...

• billsey

Try contacting a few of the replacement screen vendors, or vendors who offer touchscreen replacements for other Acer 11.6" screens, and see if they can get the 720P version for you. I'm guessing it's likely the same as what's used on other Acer models.