Acer Aspire V5 122p Detecting Wifi but not conntecting

majella500
majella500 Member Posts: 2 New User

Please help.

My Acer is detetecting my home wifi but cannot connect.  I have the laptop just over a year and this problem has just cropped up.

It detects iPhone hot spot and connect to that.

There is no issue with the home wifi as other devices are coneecting without issue.

Answers

• Govind1801
    Govind1801 Member Posts: 19 New User

Method 1 – Reset TCP/IP Stack

Try to reset the TCP/IP stack in Windows to possible repair the Internet connection if it is corrupted.

Go to Start, Run and type in CMD.

Type the following commands:

netsh int ip reset reset.log

netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the computer and see if the Internet connection works.

Method 2 – Update driver in Device Manager

Access Device manager > Network adapter > Right click on the Wireless card and select uninstall ( Do not check the box, Delete the driver from the device). Scan for the hardware changes for reinstalling the driver.

Method 3 – Reset wireless network

Sometimes the wireless network may have MAC address filtering enabled, which means only certain computers can connect to the router. You can quickly tell if this is the case by simple resetting the wireless router to default factory settings. This will remove all security, filtering, port forwarding, or any other settings that could possibly be preventing the computer from connecting to the Internet.

• Hi,

Have you tried to reinstall the device driver from Device Manager & you could also try to restart the Router(NOT RESET), just power off the Router & try to conenct. That should help you too. Cheers.