C720P's screen is glossy; how can I make it matt?

mentalfloss
mentalfloss Member Posts: 2 New User

So the glossy screen isn't much of an issue in dark environments, but in bright ones it's a bit like a weak mirror and you have to keep adjusting the screen angle so you're not exposed to your ugly mugg while you work. (I'm being a bit dramatic; it's not that bad)

Are there any sprays or coatings I can apply to the screen to make it matt (non-reflective) and still keep its touch sensitivity?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I haven't tried with the Chromebook, but on my phone you just put a screen protector in place. I'd expect it to be the same, just find one with a matt finish.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I haven't tried with the Chromebook, but on my phone you just put a screen protector in place. I'd expect it to be the same, just find one with a matt finish.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mentalfloss
    mentalfloss Member Posts: 2 New User

Ah I don't know why I hadn't thought of that, and after some googling I found some options.  I'm not entirely sure if they're matt but they may be less reflective than the screen's current state.