How do I reset my Aspire P3

Options
Dogetimus-Prime
Dogetimus-Prime Member Posts: 9 New User
So I bought the newer model of an Acer Aspire P3, or well, got it for a bday present as a gaming PC, although I paid $400/$600 for it, and on my way to Disneyland it updated to Windows 8.1 and broke my graphics drivers. Today, I tried to reset it and I had downloaded 1 recovery disk and inserted the other. Yet it STILL said I was missing files! I can't reset this stupid piece of garbage now, and I want to reset it, or I want my $400 back plus a chance to throw that stupid computer out a second-story window. Please help me!!!!!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

I am sorry  to hear that you are unable to restore the  Acer Aspire P3 tablet.

Are you trying to restore the tablet using the recovery disc shipped with your tablet?

• Dogetimus-Prime
    Options
    Yeah. I downloaded the files on disc 2 and just plugged in disc 1, both of which came in the box.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

Are you using a powered external DVD?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dogetimus-Prime
    Options
    Yes. I have one USB connected to my computer's single port, and the other is connected to an iPad adapter in an extension cord.
  • billsey
    Options

Other than the graphics driver, is 8.1 still working? I'm trying to see if it'll be easiest to get 8.1 working right or go back to 8.0 then upgrade again.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dogetimus-Prime
    Options
    Well, yes. Everything is fine other than the fact that I can't play video games and I constantly have serious frame drops and my apps always start becoming nonresponsive. Sooooooo yeah. I want to put my computer back in it's factory setting and get a clean install, but then again, I'll let you judge whether that's the best idea.
  • billsey
    Options

OK, there are a couple of models of the Aspire P3, but I think the video drivers are the same. There are updated drivers for Windows 8.1 64 bit that should fix you up without a wipe. Give it a try and let me know what happens. If it's still not working, or the driver install fails try and capture any error messages and get back to me.

• Dogetimus-Prime
    Options
    Well, I've tried already (countless times) But the Microsoft Basic Display Driver seems to be irreplaceable by my system. I have Googled for 5 hours total how to remove them and replace them, but none of it works. Probabaly because none of it is for Intel graphics drivers. But I have even tried asking about this on the Intel help board, but all they did was told me the same thing as that Intel support guy. And that was well..... A link to the same exact drivers that I tried several times. The only error message was simply saying "error" on the page of the drivers in my admin diagnostics program thing. And my DXdiag of course says Microsoft Basic Display Drivers no matter how many times I try to install the drivers or do a clean wipe.
  • billsey
    Options

The problem is with Windows. If it doesn't know about your display, it sets things to that basic display adapter. Once you install the correct driver from the Acer site you will be able to ask Device Manager to rescan and it should find the actual adapter you have, instead odf the Microsoft one.

• Dogetimus-Prime
    Options
    Okay. I'll try that as soon as I can. Hopefully I can tag your comment as an answer.
  • Dogetimus-Prime
    Options
    Welp, I don't know how to rescan, so I searched how to fix code 43 or 48 or something. I followed the steps and...... It is still broken. I just don't know what todo Smiley Sad Nothing is working! Clean install, rescan, driver redownload, acer support call, intel help community post, all useless! I'm starting to lose hope of ever fixing this retarted computer.
  • Dogetimus-Prime
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the help! All I needed to do was change my BiOS! This topic is now closed.
  • Dogetimus-Prime
    Options
    Never mind. This STUPID COMPUTER DOESN'T EVEN WORK! Well, I mean it TURNS ON and does computer stuff, but I can't even change it's BiOS! So please do help me? Thanks, community. Have a good day.