LODGING A COMPLAINT!

Options
Shayno23
Shayno23 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there

I sent my Acer Aspire 5741G series laptop away to acer to be fixed under an extended warranty. It had issues with the fan, the dc jack, and the audio jack. I was told that it was recieved on the 15th of November 2012, making it over 2 months and counting for repair (or 47 Business Days - I was told it would take 7-10). I am told that the issues with the fan have been corrected as well as work having been completed on the keyboard. However, the last customer service person that I spoke to told me that the hold up is due to the laptop needing a new DC cable and a new thermal module which I am advised are "on order". I asked how much longer I should expect to wait for my computer to be returned and I was told that there is no current time estimate.

I already intend to contact the Department of Fair Trading here in NSW to seek out my options and was just wondering if Acer has a complaints department of its own with which I could lodge a complaint also.

Thank you

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

To lodge a complaint regarding the service you received, you would need to contact the regional service center that set your system up for repair.

• Rohit9199
    Rohit9199 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi.

my name is [edited for privacy]i purchased acer5742 laptop 1 year before and now his body  seem to break from one side .

and there is motherboard problem as well.

i handelled laptop with care still there are problems .

in service centre motherboard and body is costin me around 15,000rs that is too expensive.

I AM NOT ATALL HAPPY WITH ACER LAPTOPS .

AND I WILL SUGGEST SAME TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND THE ONES WHO READ MY ARTICLE.

THANK YOU .

IT IS VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING FROM ACER.

[edited for privacy]

• unhappyuser
    unhappyuser Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I purchased a new Acer aspire R7 and in less than 30 days it's dead was unable to receive free shipping to send it back however they will fix it in an undetermined amount of time I am very unimpressed with this situation and very angry that I am now left without a computer!
  • eddiekerk
    eddiekerk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    To lodge a complaint on the slow action by highpoint USJ repair team.

I bought acer laptop (R7-572G-54208G1Tass) on 29 nov 2013 and sent to highpoint USJ on 30 dec 2013 due to hard disk problem. Initially I was told that it will take about 3 working days, but till today the support team still not able to give me the answer when can I collect back my laptop. Why they can not let me know when can I get back my laptop if just a hard disk problem?

Regards,
    Eddie
  • goleafs2112
    goleafs2112 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi everyone,

I started communication with acer on January 28th 2014. To date ive spent 3hour and 45 minutes on the phone with the them.

The issues- the laptops audio is distorted for about 5 seconds every 30 minutes. This is when playing on youtube, itunes, vlc media player, media (aerspreloaded audio player), literally anything audio can be heard on. 

In order to resolve the issue acer had me try several different steps. First; disable and enable the audio player. Second download the latest version of the audio player. And finally reset the computer to factory settings. The problem is still the same. Let me mention up to this point there has been a tremendous language barrier, Im still not sure if they even understand the issue. Half the time when I explain the issue to them, they repeat it back and say something complete different than what im saying. 

On February 5th they told me I would have to ship my laptop in for repair, however, I decided to ship it a week later. This is when acers cumtomer service really shows they are running the facility from India (again massive language barrier). To start they told me I would have to pay, out of my own pocket, to ship my laptop in even though it was covered under warrenty (one guy I read did this). His justification was that the problem was hardward and not software. The supervisor quickly straighten that out but come on, isnt that basic knowleadge for someone dealing with computer customer service. 

When I called back on the Februrary 14th, to get my free shipping label, the individual was not able to send it. I was not recieving the email. He told me maybe there was a delay (from India to Canada, im really not sure) so I waited for nothing. I called back but at this point, it was the end of the day and the apparent shipping department was closing. 

I called back on Saturday, Feb 15th, apparently they dont send free labels on the weekend, only during business days. Again I called back yesterday on Feb 18, they transfered me to the shipping department, however, they closed before I was able to get through (let me mention I had to call on another phone to figure this out, they didnt just disconnect me, I was on hold for 55 minutes). 

To date I have been on the phone with acer customer service for 3hours and 45 minutes.

Im thinking maybe theyre feed up with me and just not answering my call. Im also a little hesitant about sending my laptop in for service as Ive heard peoples products coming back damaged. 

Other people I have been talking with seem to think the drivers are garbage and need to be replaced. 

Any feed back would be appreciative as it doesnt look like im getting any further with acers customer service. 

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Sorry for the trouble you have had with our support representatives. If you will send me a private message with your name, serial number, and telephone number, I will have an agent in your region contact you to assist.

• goleafs2112
    goleafs2112 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Update,

I just called back and finally got through. The acer agent informed me that in order to get the free shipping label another company has to be contacted who emails the label. He did this and again I am waiting but this agent seemed reasuring.

The acer agent I was talking to on Feb 14th was trying to send the label himself. Again were back to BASIC KNOWLEDGE about acer customer service, acer agents have no idea about. 

I infromed the acer agent that it was the worst cumtomer service I have ever experienced (the sad part, its still not over). He told me I was talking to a lot of level 1 agents, which was clearly the major problem.

Let me raise the point though, how is someone supposed to get their issue resolved it Acer agents a too ignorant, not educated enough about the products and services available, etc, to know when enough is enough and transfer the call to someone higher.

• agamarcel
    agamarcel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Good evening ,

With these message i want to make a complain regarding the way that the romanian cust service treats the customers.
    I have a broken ac adapt and i have already made the test with a good known ac adapt from the same model and the pc works perfect, calling the service in order to inform them about the issue they have coursed me 2 times and the third time the responsable from there hanged up the phone without asking the model of the pc, the s/n the issue or anything else.

Can somebody HELP me regarding these issue, i cannot stay without the pc for a broken ac adapt issue because i work with these prod.

Acer aspire 5750g - S/N: LXRMU020721260ECEF1601 - SNID: [edited for privacy]
    The service provided by the Acer Cust Service is zero in these case! The cust needs to cry at the phone here to have a working prod?
    Please advice!

Kind regards,
    [edited to comply with guidelines]

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

agamarcel wrote:

Good evening ,

With these message i want to make a complain regarding the way that the romanian cust service treats the customers.
    I have a broken ac adapt and i have already made the test with a good known ac adapt from the same model and the pc works perfect, calling the service in order to inform them about the issue they have coursed me 2 times and the third time the responsable from there hanged up the phone without asking the model of the pc, the s/n the issue or anything else.

Can somebody HELP me regarding these issue, i cannot stay without the pc for a broken ac adapt issue because i work with these prod.

Acer aspire 5750g - S/N: LXRMU020721260ECEF1601 - SNID: [edited for privacy]
    The service provided by the Acer Cust Service is zero in these case! The cust needs to cry at the phone here to have a working prod?
    Please advice!

Kind regards,
    [edited to comply with guidelines]

I apologize for the trouble you're having. I checked with the service team in Romania and they are awaiting the return of your current AC Adapter so that they can issue you a new one. If there is a misunderstanding I would strongly suggest you contact them again to discuss any other arrangements.

• Marznothappy
    Marznothappy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Acer you have by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced.  I have not had a working Aspire S7 since the 28th January 2014. My biggest complaint is if you couldn't fix it should you not make every effort to inform your so called valued customer of progress and send a replacement if you are unable to fix it ASAP.

I have called your customer support several times after first lodging the problem with my Ultrabook not loading windows.  The first was to find out the progress on my laptop which I  was advised on the 10 Feb that your service centre had only just received my ultrabook which apparently took 10 days to get to your service centre. (yeah right I just think nobody bothered to log that the item had arrived).  I was then advised that someone would call me within 7 -10days.  Nobody did so I called again to be advised on this occassion that it would be escalated and that they were awaiting the part to be fixed.  Once again no body called me to inform that they were unable to get the part.  Next call I demanded to speak to the case manager who then asked me to send through the invoice and she would endorse that a refund or replacement would be arranged.  And someone would call me earlier in the wek.  Nobdy did, I have emailed and called and to my frustration I was unable to speak to a manager or someone who could actually do anything.  I was advised that as per Joy's conversaton with me someone would call me within in 5days,  I said no I was advised someone would call me at the beginning of the week. BTW that 5 days has come and gone. Yesterday I called the ACER Australia  store asking to be put through to the person who looks after complaints.  I was advised that person wasn't there but they would email my details and case number and they would get back to me.  They never did.  So I called again today to ACER Aust and spoke to the lovely Amy.  Who looked at my case and explained to me that she logged it to finance and that it should be looked at early next week.  She couldn't explain why this wasn't done, but the one thing I did gather from our conversation is that nobody except her had bothered to do anything.  It is now the 7 March and I am still without a working laptop and completly frustrated that you do not live up to your word.   

The S7 was a great computer until it failed and this was not a cheap purchase.  I would have gladly recommended this product to everyone but now I will only advise everyone who asks me never to by an ACER as they have the worst customer support I have ever experienced.  I have had Toshiba's, HP's and ASUS and their customer support exceeds anything that your company supplies. 

My case number is 2*****.  Never again will I ever purchase an ACER product or recommend one, what I would like is to get my money back  so I never have to deal with your company ever again.   

If this cannot be reolved by early next week I will be lodging a complaint to fair trading NSW as this is completly unacceptable you have my money and my computer.

thank you

M

[edited for privacy]

• Cory-Acer
    Options

Marz,

I've forwarded the information you've provided to the support team in your local area. I apologize for the frustration and the length of time you've had to go without your unit.

• Cory-Acer
    Options

We want the community to be a place for members to be able to communicate and discuss issues and hopefully find solutions. This thread has gotten off of the main topic and it makes it tough to find specific issues or solutions and for that reason I'm going to lock the thread at this time.

This discussion has been closed.