Aspire V3-772g Dolby home theater problem

Victor10Victor10 Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I have reinstalled win8.1 on my laptop since I gave it a SSD upgrade. I have reinstalled all the neccecary drivers from the Acer website.

However, it appears that my audio is not using the Dolby Home Theater. When I play music and I start a game (lets say Black Ops II) the audio output is almost half. I can hear this in the music and the game volume as well. 

What I used to do to fix this problem is to alt tab to the desktop and then right click on dolby to turn it on again. (when i start the game the dolby turns off)

So with the problem that i have now regarding Dolby Home Theater, I can not use my speakers to their full potential. Which is very anoying and upsetting.

These are my audio drivers:

Audio drivers.PNG

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? Its really strange if I may say so. And very anoying Smiley Sad

FAQ & Answers

• philetusphiletus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Uninstall the audio driver from Device Manager,checking delete software and reboot.

Type Recovery in Windows search, click Recovery Management and Reinstall Drivers. Find the audio driver and install it.

• Victor10Victor10 Member Posts: 2

Which driver do you mean? the one with the error icon or the DHT?(Dolby Home Theater)