URGENT REQUEST for upcoming acer predator xr341ck 34" curved

puttersonsale
puttersonsale Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I along with others was pleased to hear the rumor/announcement of the, Acer Predator XR341CK.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync.html

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUPER DUPER SUGAR ON TOP, MAKE IT AN IPS DISPLAY.

NO TN, PLEASE?

Sorry for the CAPS but this is how important/urgent many of us are about not having a TN panel, especially for this unit.

It said 144Hz......so in discussions many are already assuming its TN.

So far every 34" curved display on the market is IPS.

Thats what we would like along with the high Hz rate and especially G-Sync

But IMO TN would make many frown and become a deal breaker.

I hope this is taken to heart by Acer. Please O' Please listen because all the discussions are talking about this very issue.

Almost sounds too good to be true so please make an IPS, and make our dreams happen Smiley Tongue

Also if possible please include VESA mounts and small or even NO bezels.

I could see people putting like 3 or even six of these together.  If it was bezel-less then for sure people would do this.

Just would probably have to save up for a little while.

Personally i would like to see a monitor on the market have instead of the 3440 X 1440 get something uber and get a resolution like 5120 X 2160

Afterall we are in high res era now.  Having 5k monitor would be nice with a curve and the 21:9 aspect ratio.

Even making this over 34" i dunno even pushing close to 40" might be too big for folks but i would be game.  

Thanks for your time Acer......hopefully we see many innovations to come.

Answers

• fynxer
    fynxer Member Posts: 3 New User
    I totally agree the XR341CK must be a IPS (same as in the XB270HU) or it will be a total deal breaker. ACER be smart and do the right thing IF you put same IPS as you have in the XB270HU the XR341CK will be legendary among hardcore games and enthusiasts and ACER as a monitor brand will be elevated to higher status than ASUS. With both XB270HU and XR341CK ACER will dominate the gaming scene like no other brand. IPS 144Hz is the dream of gamers and no other brand has this at the moment You are in a crucial point in time, if you can deliver XR341CK 144Hz IPS now you will be way ahead of the competition, if you screw this up you will not get another chance like this for a long time.
  • Toolguns
    Toolguns Member Posts: 5 New User

Yes - IPS is needed for sure on this monitor.

I'm holding off on any G-sync monitor purchase right now until we have some type of solid information from Acer about the XR341CK specifications.

Make it IPS, 144hz, 3440 x 1440p with G-sync.

Shut up and take my paycheck.  lol

• Chillblane
    Chillblane Member Posts: 3 New User

Any update on this? I have checked every tech site and monitor site i can find and NO ONE has any info beyond the initial posts between Jan 22nd and 26th....

Come on ACER, with all the other freesync and gsync stuff coming out i can't hold on forever. You are about to lose a sale 

• fynxer
    fynxer Member Posts: 3 New User

FAIL....FAIL....FAIL....FAIL....FAIL....FAIL....FAIL....FAIL....FAIL....FAIL....

Spec are out and the XR341CK is 75Hz ONLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can i say it more clearly, a FAIL OF LEGENDARY MAGNITUDES.

YOU REALLY DIDN'T GET THAT 98% OF ALL CUSTOMERS WAITING FOR THIS MONITOR WANTED 144Hz

This is the most eager awaited monitor in the gaming community at this time AND YOU "ACER" TOTALLY FAILED TO DELIVER

Watching the tread at Sweclockers.com when the news hit about IPS 75Hz was a disaster.

98% of all users totally puked at 75Hz THEY WANTED 144Hz

The XR341CK would have been your golden goose this autumn/winter.

IF YOU HAD GIVEN IT 144Hz YOU WOULD HAD ERNED A MOUNTAIN OF GOLD now you will only get a nugget instead.

The XR341CK was the most hyped up monitor in ages, now without 144Hz the bobble is bursted and you will never get back that insane amount of customers willing to buy it.

YOU COULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT ADVERTISING LIKE THIS AND YOU RUINED IT.

I will NEVER pay like 999 GBP for 75Hz, IN YOUR DREAMS

FIRE THE GUY RESPONSIBLE !!!

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

@fynxer,

Seems a bit harsh Smiley Happy

Let me start by saying that this stuff is my opinion, I'm waiting to hear more about these curved displays like many others. I PC game as a hobby and enjoy nice equipment.

A year ago you couldn't find a decent IPS @ 144hz even as small as a 24" (at least not within reasonable prices) and now they're everywhere. I'm not sure the technology is there (to balance with reasonable prices for consumer sales) for 34" curved display @ 144hz @ 21:9 AR with 3440x1440. I'm sure it will get there, but this 32/34" and especially curved display seems to be an emerging market, I think the technology has to catchup a bit to cram everything an enthusiast wants into a 34" curved display.

Cory

• Toolguns

I'm not surprised that it came at 75hz -

When I heard the news about 144hz IPS at 21:9 I was a bit skeptical since most other monitors at this format are only 60hz.

IF, the monitor could have achieved 100hz, the $1,500 price tag wouldn't feel so outrageous...

75hz just makes me want to look at the xb270hu instead.   144hz with ips/g-sync at almost half the price.

• Cory-Acer

Toolguns wrote:

I'm not surprised that it came at 75hz -

When I heard the news about 144hz IPS at 21:9 I was a bit skeptical since most other monitors at this format are only 60hz.

IF, the monitor could have achieved 100hz, the $1,500 price tag wouldn't feel so outrageous...

75hz just makes me want to look at the xb270hu instead.   144hz with ips/g-sync at almost half the price.

Yup, the XB270HU is really nice, I liked it A LOT... I got to take one home for a couple days and I got scolded for squeezing an extra weekend out of it. 

But this is a 34" display and with it being curved at that. I know curved displays have been making noise for several months, but they're really just now poised to break into the real consumer markets. I'm sure it's going to have a hefty price tag until the next big thing comes along and then it comes down a bit. The circle of technology continues Smiley Happy

• Toolguns

Yes, XB270hu all the way right now if you're a fan of high refresh monitors.  

I would love to see Acer make a 144hz 3440 x 1440p Curved TN panel.  

144hz at 21:9 anyway we can get it...

• Cory-Acer

I don't have all the information, but this looks to be more in line with what fynxer is looking for.

https://twitter.com/AcerAmerica/status/591266032230207488

• Chillblane

ummmmm well if your own twitter feed is to be believed then , no, not even close. The 35" "gaming monitor" z35 is 2560x1080. If i have understood fyxner properly he (like me) wanted a 3440x1440 120-144hz ips panel with gsync. 

• Cory-Acer

I'd like one too, but if the technology doesn't exist in the retail space, how can people be upset? I think that goes back to my point, 6+ months from now, I'm sure monitors with 1440p 21:9 aspect ration in IPS and 144hz and in a curved display...but today it just isn't a possibility.

• Chillblane

Tech doesn't exist in the retail space?........... As for the tech perhaps someone should tell LG, they seem to have massive resolution IPS panels running at 120hz. As for "upset", lets substitute that word for "massively dissapointed". Does that make more sense to you?

[please keep it courteous]

• Cory-Acer

Understood. Upset wasn't the right word to use there.

What is the LG monitor you're referring to?